The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Glances awkwardly at Naby Keita

11 Likes

Glance passes harmlessly through his ankles…

6 Likes

Glance knocks him over, sidelining him for three months, right up to three days before the next international, for which he miraculously recovers.

15 Likes

…before coming back injured.

9 Likes

Can we all stop injuring our players! Stop looking at them!

2 Likes

Unless they are Italian.

If Dortmund actually wants Ox, then we can well reduce Sancho price tag in cash to the same amount of cash we paid for Van Dijk. So, clean up a redundant player and boost our squad at the same time.

It’s a nice idea, but these kind of deals are pretty rare.

1 Like

Doesn’t stop them turning up in the rumour mill every window though. Swap deals are for 2nd division clubs and that’s about it.

As for Ox, I wish the guy all the best, hell of a player on his day. I hope his days are at another club and he’s never quite fit to face us. Pretty secure bet I suspect, sadly.

Either swap deals or cash deals, the net result would have been £70-75m anyway. Of course, if they actually want him.

I wonder what if Haaland instead of Minamino scored that hattrick against us?

Haaland scored the same amount of goals against us as Minamino did.

3 Likes

He has probably score more in the last week than Mini’s LFC career.

Considering MBappe, Sancho and Haaland out of reach I would be more than happy with the following transfers:-

1. Traore or Maximan for 30-35 million
  2. Suarez on a free
  3. De Paul and Pellegrini for close to 60 million
  4. Daka for close to 25 million
  5. Konate is already in for 35 million going by rumours.
  6. Elliott to be given a chance

To be sold Origi, Ox, Keita, Harry Wilson, Shaqiri, (Since Klopp doesn’t trust him), Grugic, Minamino(if we get a very good offer). Would love Shaq to stay.

Net Spend between 20 million to 30 million depending on how much we could recoup by player sales.

Did I see the Sancho price dropped from what they asked last summer to €85M now? If they want Ox, that’s €25M. All of a sudden Sancho is starting to look a little more within reach.

Haaland and Mbappe are pipe dreams. Sancho unlikely, probably, but he’s more attainable than the other two, and depending on what happens with our other strikers, maybe even more so.

2 Likes

We’d need him to drop his reported wages demands by a similar percentage too based on the £300k a week he was reportedly asking for last summer.

1 Like

Yep! I also want a youngish player to earn an improved deal after showing us what they can do in a red shirt.

Whether or not that’s realistic any more, especially with the profile of Sancho, remains to be seen.

1 Like

Duncan Castles (yeah I know) reporting that Bissouma has asked to be allowed to leave in the summer. Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal credited with interest. £30m fee mentioned.

2 Likes

The Sunday Times understands that Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has spent time personally researching Bissouma’s character and off-field behaviour in order to assess whether the player would be a good fit for his Anfield squad. Klopp has been searching for a successor to Georginio Wijnaldum, who is a free agent this summer and has agreed pre-contract terms with Barcelona.

3 Likes

If true, does that suggest Klopp is looking to move on more than just Gini, given we brought in Jones and Thiago into the squad last summer?