The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

We’re not getting Haaland or Mbappe without Champions League Football. The finances alone will rule that out, without the income that the Champions League brings. Anyway, Citoil will probably sign both players, just to stop other clubs buying them, just like Chelsea used to.

2 Likes

Dortmund are lining up Noni Madueke from PSV as replacement for Sancho.

Never heard of him so i googled him. Born in England with Nigerian roots. Youth international for England. 4 years at Tottenham and before that at Palace.

1 Like

Well Salah has already won the CL, so Paris makes sense as he won’t win it there.

2 Likes

@AnfieldRdDreamer has left the chat :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

If we can somehow break the bank and offer good wages . The modern player won’t care for CL football. Look at man United. Money over CL these days

Not related to us, but the vultures are circling over Hazard after yesterday. Not because he was shit and has been a monumental waste of money over the past 2 season, but because he was too pally with the Chelsea players after the game.

2 Likes

Missing out on CL football is a problem with singings because 99 times out of a 100 it is a marker of a team that is not competitive enough. I don’t think any sane person is going to look at our season and think what has happened is a reasonable reflection of where we are or what sort of prospects they will have for winning stuff.

2 Likes

What proportion of their purchases are German? I don’t watch Dortmund and most of the names I see mentioned are from other countries.

Are they purposely avoiding German players where they can? (Under Klopp they obviously had a number of foreign forwards).

Without CL no Sancho, Mbappe or Haaland. But even with we probably would have not been in the mix.

Most of our big signings under Klopp would have signed for us without CL.

Would say Thiago, Keita, Fabinho and Alisson would not have signed for us without CL but I’m sure the rest would.

1 Like

Could have stopped there. Under no realistic circumstances would either be coming here.

2 Likes

Usually yes, but I do think players understand the situation. We will be challenging hopefully next season. This season was a crazy year. I’m still not sure if players will make that a deciding decision. Money’s money and a clubs pedigree is huge. Also who wouldn’t want to play for Jürgen over Pottentino

1 Like

Or…
Stay at Liverpool and win another Champions League in the next couple of years (better chances to do it with Liverpool who’s won it 6 times, one of which recently, or with PSG who came close but can’t seem to have it in them?).
Break all records in the next 3-4 years like you said your intentions are.
Move to Paris once you retire, still young, still rich, if you consider it a world class city.

Can’t understand all the frequent assumptions, to be honest (not just talking about yours, but more generally).

1 Like

The Mirror with supposition about a player I’ve never heard of. I’m sure there’ll be a lot more of that in the coming weeks.
Jose Mourinho’s appointment as Roma manager next season could see 24-year-old Italy midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini move to Liverpool , with the Portuguese boss interested in bringing in players he already knows, including Manchester United and Serbia international Nemanja Matic, 32. (Mirror)

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::star_struck:

That would be nice.

1 Like

Our signings from Roma haven’t turned out to shabby so far!

Mention of a £25mil release clause.

glances awkwardly at Alberto Aquilani

19 Likes

Ah yea, forgot he came from Roma!

1 Like
1 Like

Leeds wanted him last summer, then turned to Cuisance and the deal broke down. Pretty sure Leeds will again look to fill that central midfield ‘hole’ this summer, apart from Phillips and Klich (they managed in different ways when Klich was out, playing a double pivot, Rodrigo deeper, Dallas in midfield, different options). Never saw de Paul play, but I think we’ll eye something more in the Bissouma mould than a new “creator” from central midfield.

1 Like

Ahh, that enigma.

Ever wondered, how that fragile body and feeble mind contained so much talent!!!

2 Likes