The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’ll take suggestion for the lean poll.

With Zidane likely to not be at Real next season, it could be the difference for Mbappe to not head there.

Not sure how our finances are, but if he’s available and dropping hints likes that, then you absolutely find the money, or get Edwards to convince them to accept the fee spread over the next 20 years.

2 Likes

As long as we announce it the day after City sign Kane.

1 Like

Pretty sure Real is Real to Mbappe regardless who is the manager. Not saying it’s not important, but it’s not key in my opinion. He probably wanted Real before Zidane even got the job and will probably want Real if they go and change 3 managers during a season like they can do at times.

2 Likes

False 9 for Ox!!! Done.

3 Likes

Mbappé Ox Salah

Sorted.

8 Likes

Get the lean poll going. It’s over

1 Like

For replacement Striker, Mbappe is obviously the #1 choice for LFC. The problem is who is a suitable backup plan if that dream doesn’t come true?

I’ve seen today some very weak links to Tielemans, which I thought no chance but actually didn’t realise his contract expires in 2023 so if they miss out on CL, its when he’d either renew or be sold. He’d be an improvement over Gini.

5 Likes

Romano just reported this morning that Leicester want to keep him by offering him a new contract.

That’s not really a report is it?

Leicester don’t want to lose their best player for free - an exclusive story!

Tielemans and Thiago in midfield ahead of Henderson/Fabinho would be incredible.

8 Likes

Yeah, wanting to keep him and keeping him is not the same thing. But it can mean something, that they’re confident of keeping him this summer. I think Bissouma would be a more realistic option.

1 Like

The Telegraph reported that Leicester would be offering Tielemans a new contract right after their FA Cup triumph. I’d accept a swap with Keita, whose contract also runs out in 2023. Joking aside, he fits the profile of Klopp’s players and Liverpool’s transfers but Leicester would ask a king’s ransom for him or any other player of theirs, Champions League participation or not. I don’t really see it.

I’m sticking to my prediction of Bissouma (and Aouar but only if e.g. Keita and/or AOC leave in addition to Wijnaldum). This midfield needs one more player who is more defensively minded, in my opinion, someone like Bissouma fits that bill.

2 Likes

As a tourist?

3 Likes

Club possibly trying to drive up an auction but who knows… Never heard of the lad, obviously, but I’ve had a feeling for a while that Liverpool might end up signing a young striker, namely Balogun but he’s off the list now.

2 Likes

Cover for Jota

1 Like

Assuming we sign konate… And we need a 5th CB to go along with VVD Konate Gomez and Matip… Better to keep Phillips than Kabak…

Doubt Kabak will want to play only cup games and a couple PL games as a 5th option when all our CBs are fit.
He has to think about being selected for international games for his country too… He will want to play more.

Nat would be ok in that lesser role. And cheaper and deserves that chance as 5th option.
Great 1st goal for him and an important one.

3 Likes

I’m sure I read somewhere last week, Tielemans had signed a new contract.

4 Likes

It really all depends on what the fitness team are saying about Matip.

Major concern is if him and Gomez go down again we are back to almost how we are this season. Konate doesn’t seem particularly robust but who knows. I’d have a bit more confidence if we were signing Botman or someone who has played week in week out.

5 Likes