The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Cast aside so the manager can field the owners shiny new toys. Always happens there. Good to see he’s handling it with dignity and professionalism. May not end up here but he’s a player I respect and far too good to be treated the way he is.

10 Likes

Mbappe - some fans love building their selves up for a fall. Never happening.

4 Likes

In the words of William Butler Yeats " I being poor have only my dreams…"

3 Likes

Arsenal have stepped up their efforts to sign 24-year-old Argentine midfielder Emiliano Buendia from Premier League-bound Norwich City as the Gunners look to replace Norway international Martin Odegaard, 22, who is poised to return to Real Madrid at the end of his loan. (Mail)

If this was to happen Norwich would be a good fit for Elliott next year if he’s going to have one more season out on loan.

5 Likes

Talk now of Chelsea trying to make the Kane deal happen by sending their unwanted players over there. Players named are Abraham, Kepa and even Hudson Odoi. To be honest, Id completely forgotten about Hudson Odoi…I wonder if he’d be worth pursuing this summer as his price surely has to be way down on what they were talking about the summer before last.

4 Likes

Why are you assuming Phillips will want to become another bit part player. He’s now 24 and had a good taste of regular football now.

1 Like

thats a bit rough.

i actually never knew Mbappe was a fan but if he has dreams of playing here, who are you to tell him its ‘never happening’?

3 Likes

Because he is an English player. Who will be playing for Liverpool FC… Going elsewhere even for more playing time is a step down.

Because he has 2 more years on his contract. Let’s not kid ourselves he is a Championship player playing above himself due to the fact that he is surrounded by world-class players.

2 Likes

As far as I know, there are issues about Bissouma’s football intelligence and game reading being raised. So, I am not sure with this hype train.

IMO, Hudson-Odoi is the real deal under right conditions. Bayern Munich used to pursue him, and one thing I am sure that they have a very good reading and scouting on prospective talents and have never ended up signing mugs.

1 Like

I think Hudson-Odoi is wildly overrated to be honest.

2 Likes

Who is he? :grimacing:

Seriously never heard of him before Bayern were interested in him.

And since then he has done shit. Saw him once or twice but nothing special. I’d take Loftus Cheek ahead of him.

Dale Jennings…?

I agree hence reason he will want to leave. Deep down he will realise we aren’t going to have injury crisis like we have had.

Pre injury my old flatmate who was a Chelsea fan used to rave over him, he also picked out Gilmore as the other talent in their academy, think he lost some pace due to that injury

2 Likes

Being at or joining the chavs automatically reduces your talent it seems.

5 Likes

Kepa as part of the deal :rofl:

Journalists are doing what they usually do, let them all battle over Kane and we go about our business.

2 Likes

Bub…bub…but…we have Karius :crazy_face:

Yeah but we are not trying to flog him in a deal for Kane, he is also about 4th choice now isn’t he?

2 Likes