The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I mean, Loftus-Cheek has done absolutely nothing of note for Fulham this season and was pretty crap at Palace last season. Still baffles me to this day how he managed to play games at a World Cup for England. The guy is 25 now and I still have no idea what he offers beyond an impressive physique.

Hudson-Odoi is 5 years younger and at least poses some sort of threat when he’s on the pitch. There’s a good player in there, he would have benefitted from following a similar path as Sancho in moving earlier in his career rather than signing on to warm Chelsea’s bench for 4 years.

6 Likes

If Chelsea land a big name striker this summer, several of their players might improve our ranks if they need to balance the books a bit.

For different reasons I like the look of Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham.

Pulisic could be a threat across the front three. Pace, eye for goal, dribbling, skill, it’s all there.
Hudson Odoi was very highly rated and sort of lost this way sitting on the bench at Chelsea. Still young, but has pace and skill, and could become a very good player.
Abraham would be a more traditional number nine, an upgrade on Origi, and a viable alternate to Bobby if Bobby is below par. We saw under Lampard that Abraham knows where the net is, and this Liverpool side creates a lot of chances, so he might go from strength to strength here.

All three players have certain question marks about them, though they would all still cost a pretty penny, though not the elite sort of money that would be needed for the likes of Sancho, or higher.

2 Likes

Historically I don’t think that has ever worked out for us.

P.S now I’ve said that I am sure more knowledgeable forumites will tear into me proovingi speak shit. :rofl:

Daniel Sturridge!

5 Likes

Dominick Solanke :blush:

1 Like

Debatable, fantastic striker but hardly ever fit. Certainly the type of player we must avoid as much as possible as things are.
I knew it I shouldn’t post so quickly (I fucking loved Sturridge, when he played).

I had Joe Cole in mind. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Would still love to see Pulisic here, quality player. Prob wouldn’t get much more game time with us than he is getting with Chelsea tho. Unless he could adapt to play the Firmino role maybe and challenge for that spot.

2 Likes

Where did we get David Speedie from?

Yes… I’m old!

Chelsea, I think?

I was wrong, it was Coventry.

1 Like

I’d absolutely take Pulisic, but I think that might depend on if and how quickly he drops down the pecking order.

2 Likes

We’re obviously doing it wrong then.

I think Spackman came to us from Chelsea.

2 Likes

You’re right and a good signing he was as well.

3 Likes

Yes, 10 points for Spackman. I remember being pleasantly surprised that he was pretty good.

1 Like

There is potential inside Hudson Odoi but even if Chelsea does not rate him much, with his contract till 2024, not sure whether Chelsea will even entertain a cut price deal for him to their main threat in the PL. And I am not sure our fans will be happy to pay anything more than 15m for him with his current form and situation. So, if there is a deal that can be done below 15m with some payment structure, then its a great upside for us to take in but not likely Chelsea would agree to that? More likely they are going to use him to buy players on part exchange.

1 Like

We should have got him when we were being linked with him before he went to Chelsea. Top player , good attitude … he’d have excelled here under Klopp. That ship has sailed though , more’s the pity.

Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 26, wants to leaveLiverpool and his agent has approached Atletico Madrid to gauge the possibility of a move to the new Spanish champions. (AS - in Spanish)

1 Like

Keita, Origi, and Shaqiri for that Felix kid. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Joe Cole, Glen Johnson

1 Like