The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’m unsure if we are talking about the same thing.

My point was that there is enmity between the Qatari’s that run PSG and the UAE fellas that own Man City. Hence why PSG would block any sale to them specifically.

3 Likes

How could PSG block Mbappe from going to City?
It’s as simple as that!

By offering him to us at a reduced price?

4 Likes

Right I’m no expert but PSG could

*Simply refuse to deal with City

In the same way Man Utd refused to sell Wayne Rooney to City despite his transfer request.

Or how Everton would likely refuse to negotiate with Liverpool over any of their players.

Alternatively they could
*Make outlandish contractual demands and set unrealistic conditions
*Ask for a fee way above what could be considered reasonable.
*Then ask for payment as a lump sum

So basically loads of ways especially as he is still contracted

2 Likes

Yes PSG can put spanners in the works but ultimately Mbappe can make the decission. PSG would have to be very careful though.

Or to Madrid

France is not England the rules are very different. It’s not about PSG it’s about the system and the contracts.
Really the price doesn’t change once set the movement can only be on installments, PSG could insist that City for example pay Mbappes release in one go whilst allowing LFC and RM to negociate multiple installments. (In theory it’s Mbappe who pays the release but we all know it’s more complicated than that, I think Lyon were doing this with Fekir until the knee problem scared us away).

I don’t think Mbappe has a release clause in his current contract.

Whilst I agree with you that the rumored £64K is wrong, I think 4.6 is too low. I would expect a fair number of our youth to be on that sort of figure.

My instinct is he will likely be between 10K & 15K with the likely being probably 12K. But that is purely guess work

1 Like

Before this season started that’s all he was. He signed a contract before heading out on loan to Stuttgart but all the comments around the time hinted that everyone knew this was a player with no future at the club. Klopp all but said that when he left. No chance he was given a major payrise given his expected squad role.

Had he left on a permanent deal in the summer of 2019 who knows what level he would have been playing at? Certainly less than 5k a week I would suggest.

4 Likes

No he doesn’t it’s illegal in France. Read up, catch up.
I’ve spoken about this earlier in this thread. This isn’t football Manager!
Mbappe is on a revolving contract and can buy out his own contract if he can and wishes (under the rules an reglations).

6.4k then :wink: (factor of ten error)

1 Like

The clause in bold is literally the specific part of your post I was responding to so I’m a little confused by youer reply.

Really the price doesn’t change once set the movement can only be on installments, PSG could insist that City for example pay Mbappes release in one go whilst allowing LFC and RM to negociate multiple installments.

And, for the record - Read up, catch up! This is not football manager! feels unnecessarily condesending, you should probably chill out.

2 Likes

If you haven’t a clue try asking.
I never mentionned a release clause, that is impossible in France!
I mentionned his release which is negociated after a player has notified his club he doesn’t wish to continue his contract for the next season.
Please do read up or ask questions rather than digging silly holes deeper and deeper.
My posts have been clear!

EDIT: I am deliberately being condescending as you are not listening. You are insisting you are correct when you are manifestly wrong on a subjet you refuse to read up on!

Would be quite easy to think release and release clause to mean the same thing especially if your not well read on how french contracts work

1 Like

EXACTLY!!!
But a release is not a clause so it’s also not being able to understand English or be able to ask let alone read up!

He is one of the best players in the world at his peak. He has brought us PL and CL glory, and saved our season this year. Also, he is well settled and loves the club.

You’d sell and rely on a magical analytics dept to easily replace?

2 Likes

Because you seem like a type fast/think slow kind of guy, I’ll reiterate -

*The Qatari’s won’t sell a player to a club own by UAE, they are rival states and there is a great deal of emnity between the two, it’s literally why City have been linked to every other world class player on the market (Messi, Kane, Haaland) but not Mbappe.
*It doesn’t matter whether City want him or not at this point in time given that PSG can still set the price, the conditions of a sale and payment structure.

French contract law has limited relevance to these points which is what you were responding too. Based on this me reading up on it beyond my current base of knowledge to engage with you would be pointless.

In common parlance (UK)-
*A transfer fee is monies exchanged between clubs when a fee has been negotiated between two clubs
*A release (clause) is a pre-agreed fee inserted into a contract which is the amount any club wanting to purchase the player will have to pay.

Typically the onus is on the writer to use clear and unambiguous language, using the same or similar terms to describe different or opposite things is a really easy way to confuse readers.
Not taking responsibility after doing so is also pretty bad form. You do you, though, sweetheart.

4 Likes

What does poor Kuwait have to do with it

2 Likes

Was that one of Tina Turner’s less successful singles? :thinking:

17 Likes