The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Must be because according to himself he is a

Award-winning Twitter account. Home of breaking football news & transfer updates. Respected sources.

:innocent:

3 Likes

I like Raphina from what I have seen.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s him. An unimpeachable source. Donā€™t know how he does that and maintain a day job in McDonalds.

6 Likes

Thats where Edwards tap the wifi to send transfer bids to other clubs. Thats how he knows.

5 Likes

Hampshire, good source?

*Brentford

Could be a great signing I donā€™t mind the sound of this rumour at all. Jota has shown what can happen when the right player with the right attitude joins the squad. Raphina, the new Jota?

1 Like

A sound and dependable source, well known to the Hampshire Constabulary.

1 Like

Wait, itā€™s a local newspaper right? I confused it with New Hampshire, USA. :rofl:

How you doing, last I heard, you were in hospital.

Fine thanks. Iā€™ll soon be ready for pre-season training.

3 Likes

Yup similar to the echo in us, Daily Echo would be their nĆŗmero one source down there but dunno is Hampshire Live is that (apparently not), will be a subsidiary of a local paper in someway mind, Reach PLC ironically sit over the Liverpool Echo.

2 Likes

Yep as someone who lives in Hampshire, can safely say the reliable source down here for Southampton FC related news is the Echo. Hampshire Live are relatively new - that said, doesnā€™t mean their sport journo doesnā€™t have connections.

Iā€™d be happy for us to sell Taki on - I like him and think heā€™s been unfortunate in joining Liverpool during a difficult period globally. If Saints want him, itā€™s a good move for him. Weā€™ll make a profit on him, and I canā€™t see him getting much game time in our forward line up, unless we were to end up with a injury crises up top similar to that last season with our centre backs.

5 Likes

All valid pointsā€¦but Iā€™d still take Raphinha in a heartbeat. What a start to the succession planning that would be!

Better mate - the new Mane. Probably a bs rumour, but Iā€™ve seen a lot of Leeds games this season and Raphinha looks the full package - speed, stamina, passes, tricks, shots. Add to that that he (like Mane) tracks back, presses relentlessly and works very hard for the team.

Note to self - donā€™t get your hopes up, donā€™t get your hopes up on a bs rumourā€¦

4 Likes

Oh I agree, heā€™d be a great addition, if not quite the type of player the general consensus suggests we need.

The only thing that would actually frustrate me is a year ago we could have had him for Ā£17m and now heā€™d cost double that. I know our modus operandi is to generally go after players once theyā€™ve shown they can take the step up to the level below us but itā€™d be nice if we could pick up one or two prior to that.

I suppose we tried that with Minamino and it fell quite flat but waiting for that extra step sure does cost you a few extra quid, even if it does mitigate some of the risk.

5 Likes

Does he routinely get hacked down and pushed but rarely gets the foul? Is he accused of diving when he goes down under at least as much pressure as myriad Man Utd or other english players who get ā€˜stonewallā€™ pens? Not sure we need another player like thatā€¦

5 Likes

Agree with you and Iā€™d still bite their hand off if he was available for 34m, I think one more season and heā€™ll be 50m+ (if heā€™s not already) and the most most frustrating thing for me would be if he goes to a rival.

I donā€™t think theyā€™d take any less than Ā£50m for him now

2 Likes

The musicā€™s pretty good though :wink:

1 Like

Our man Patson Daka is a Liverpool fan apparently, as well as a Barca fan it must be said ā€¦ Patson Daka: Zambia striker says 'room for improvement' despite success - BBC Sport

2 Likes