The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Ah ha! playing with words. We all know they would not sell because it will be a direct exchange with us for Origi.

2 Likes

They’ll let him leave on a free then next year ?

1 Like

Absolutely madness we’ve let our fittest and most un-injured midfielder walk away for free yet have been left with a ton of crocks.

4 Likes

They are like Cheaty, money is immaterial for them, and they must think that one more year with Mbappe is worth more to them than 100m or whatever.

On the other hand, the player will have his word to say in this too. It’s of no use to keep an unhappy and demotivated player.

Makes it easier next year. Massive signing on bonus instead of a massive fee, lower wages for Mbappe putting him in line with the rest of our front line. Trust our main front 4 with Ox backing them up for this year then work on our succession starting with Mbappe. If he really wants to play for us then anyone outbidding us on wages etc wont make a difference, he seems smart enough to know we have a wage structure that we stick too and he cant be too short on cash

1 Like

Leipzig now favourites to sign Patson Daka.

Uhhh what a surprise. Red Bull Leipzig will sign a player from Red Bull Salzburg. That never happened before. :joy:

9 Likes

Yep
And I was just starting to like the notion of the new Haaland banging in goals for us next season!

2 Likes

Unless they have someone implanted in Edwards family it is total BS

2 Likes

Their Sorloth gamble didn’t pay off so far, I think they want to get rid already. They also already signed Brian Brobbey from Ajax.

Would be a good move for him that, going to Leipzig. See if he can make the step up and then maybe attract interest from the elite teams in a couple of years.

It’s probably better for him than going to Liverpool to be the 5th guy. Great for us if he does, but maybe not the best for him.

Leipzig should sign Origi and leave Daka to us.

4 Likes

I think this is quite interesting from Pearce and does lend itself to the Sancho theory another on twitter made…

I read that as if we could sign Sancho but only if we sell fringe players. If not we’ll end up with a cheaper player.

3 Likes

Minamino related:

2 Likes

Good for all concerned

5 Likes

Yep, sell… decent player, might do well at Southampton, but probably not quite good enough for us.

Reinvest the money, will be interesting to see how much we make from outgoings- £50M+? Maybe even £75M or so, depending on who and how many.

Would a player like Sancho come into view? Maybe not. Might be more like Raphina and Bissouma, but it will be interesting to see how summer unfolds.

2 Likes

Nice to see the rumours early on in the window. Taki is another of those to just not quite hit the level we need but could be a great buy for Southampton.

Grujic seems to have strong interest. Rumours we have offers for Origi. Taki clearly wanted by Southampton. Wilson I suspect won’t be shifted until Wales are done with the Euros but some promising signs.

6 Likes

Buendia going to villa for 33m plus a possible 5m more in add ons , has me thinking the market might not be as suppressed as we expected. He’s a very good player but that’s a massive price, it’s probably from a Grealish sale but if he’s worth that then Wilson is easily worth 15m and there’s hope for some of the others too.

1 Like

I think 30-40mil ish is the price range to pay for very good young players who looks to be able to make a step up. It is a slight premium but not those kind of ridiculous premiums for some of those famous names out there. Think Fabinho, Jota, Salah, Mane etc that we bought, I think thats precisely the kind of players we are looking for and the price range we would think is fair to invest in.

My point was more with regards as to what we can expect to bring in from our sales.
Personally I think we’ll sign 2 more players a centre mid and a forward both in the price range your said.