The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Wonder how Kylian would feel about this?

1 Like

Whatā€™s this noise about an interest in Sterling. Fuck that

1 Like

dennis weening lol GIF by SBS6

4 Likes

Interesting ā€¦

1 Like

Barely had a kick for Porto last season.

What an idiot if true, has he not heard of loan to buy? Exactly how they got Mbappe in the first place.

1 Like

Itā€™s unusual, certainly, but it wonā€™t be preventative - more likely by way of liquidated damages payable to Neymar in the event Mbappe is sold/transferred within a period specified in the contract.

1 Like

Or maybe he becomes available for a specified amount (like a buyout clause)?

1 Like

Uh oh. Release clauses in Franceā€¦ :eyes:

5 Likes

lol, just an idea :joy:

2 Likes

Played 5 matches for Porto. Played 12 matches for Portugal U21 scored 6 all to the final that they lost to Germany a week ago. Just turned 21, could be someone for the future.

1 Like

Could be, but as usual with Portuguese clubs the price looks awfully inflated. They originally wanted 30m, and are willing to deal at 20m (because he has 1 year on his contract), for a guy who is basically still a youth team prospect at 21. Iā€™d have expected a greater impact in that standard of league by his age for a price like that.

Seems to me Grujic should be the more expensive of the two. At least he actually played a role in their squad and has a track record of playing well in the Bundesliga.

6 Likes

@DublinRed just posted one of those tenuous BBC Gossip Column stories (still donā€™t see the reasoning behind the links only thread, but you canā€™t keep all the people happy all the time :man_shrugging: ) claiming that weā€™re after Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

As someone who has been banging that particular drum for years, all I can say isā€¦

1 Like

I actually thought it was a good idea considering that this had turned into a ā€œwho would you buyā€ or ā€œknock one of our playersā€ thread a while back.

4 Likes

Are we allowed to share articles by Liverpool.com, i thought it was interesting that alot of clubs are now trying to adopt our approach to scouting and bringing players in.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything particularly ground-breaking in our structure on paper - even Everton have a DoF! - but it comes down to the talents of the individual. Edwards has shown himself to be very, very good at what he does. Marcel Brandsā€¦ less so on available evidence.

8 Likes

I see we are linked with Lorenzo Pellegrini. Well heā€™s ruled himself out of the euros by injuring himself practicing free kicks. Heā€™ll fit in perfectly here. Sign him up.

6 Likes

Luis Campos have indeed performed some miracles at Lille. I am sure he will be in demand by many bigger clubs.

Meanwhile, this is just business as usual for us at Liverpool FC.

The problem is having the right people in the right roles at the right time.

Edwards and Rodgers together didnā€™t work because Rodgers had his own way of thinking and wouldnā€™t listen to others, even when given a player like Bobby, he refused to use him in a way that allowed Bobby to show how good he was. It was only when Klopp came that Bobby started to get given the chance to play in a role which took advantage of his strengths.

Fergie, Shankly, Paisley, Busby would never have worked under a DoF, but Klopp sees the benefits of having Edwards in that role, because they compliment each other in the philosophies and outlook and how to work together.

8 Likes