The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Now that France are out, when do we expect the lean?

3 Likes

After another visit to their american NIKE friends. :partying_face:

Another 5ft midfielder? Iā€™d probably pass on that.

2 Likes

Mbappe to be leaning on Charlie Adamā€™s 10 million dollar crosses?!

4 Likes

Iā€™m hearing reports that Bayern is demanding 100m for Kingsley Coman now. Thereā€™s no way in hell any team will buy at that price. Itā€™s obviously a ā€˜screw youā€™ message from Bayern to Comanā€™s agent who is looking to negotiate a higher wage for his client, but Bayern isnā€™t budging. Looks like they want to flex their power and lock down Comanā€™s ability to move this season. Coman looks not to be moving at all this offseason. Maybe next year or heā€™ll have to leave on a free and let his contract expire. Iā€™m sure he regrets that 5 year extension he signed in 2019 right about now.

2 Likes

I only hope to one day regret signing a 5 year contract worth 130kĀ£ a week.

13 Likes

I donā€™t think weā€™re in for Coman. For a start heā€™s massively injury prone, and it would be negligent to sign someone with his record.

Also, excellent point made on The Gutter, that everything about him suggests heā€™s a wide midfielder - a traditional winger - and we donā€™t play with one of those.

I think itā€™s the agent trying to get a new contract out of Bayern.

1 Like

I think its fine with him. He is just 25, and when he goes out of contract next season, he is quite likely to get alot more too on top of a nice signing on fee. To him and the agent, its just all about getting it now or next season, Bayern can of course screw him and not play him or let him rot etc, but he has a pretty solid performer, he will get some of the bigger clubs going after him. Not sure of course whether we will go for him, but again the kind of profile we are going after usually will be those in the 30-40m range, so lets see.

One thing about our club now. No one knows bugger all about our targets. Every rumour is half baked rubbish. Havenā€™t seen a good old mate brother who works in realestate was asked to find a 30 bedroom mansion on the Wirral for a famous sports star. Dadā€™s best friends mate works as a limo driver been booked for a job from John Lennon. Good old rumours.

2 Likes

Agreed. I keep telling myself this, however I canā€™t stop reading the rumours!
Enjoy reading all the conjecture/speculation and even read the odd twitter account (not a member).
Pretty sure I saw @weejoe commenting in one recently.

Englandā€™s progress in the Euros and the Sancho deal is probably filling enough column inches so journalists donā€™t need to be making up shite to fill space.

Expect itā€™ll ramp up once England and the Euros is done.

Shouldnā€™t be forgotten that weā€™ve already secured one actual deal and thatā€™s one more than pretty much anyone else at this point.

4 Likes

My idea for a thread with utterly batshit rumours (high end window cleaners, precision sporting photocopier engineers etc) was kiboshed by the mods but then that was on the old forumā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Yep 100%

I get a feeling we have a list of targets which we go higher up the list depending on how we do with sales. So technically yes we are ā€œsell to buyā€ but if we donā€™t sell we will still buy etc.

3 Likes

Also we need to make room on the squad list and wage bill, not that we canā€™t afford, but we have too many players on the books and need to clear some off before we can add on. Even if doing so increases costs.

1 Like

https://www.goal.com/en/news/konate-in-wijnaldum-out-how-liverpool-line-up-2021-22/15u228yvu423p1puyveuucy6bg

Not a huge update but Jones mentions interest in Neto prior to his injury. He would have been a great addition, though Iā€™m not sure what it would mean for Salah and especially Elliott.

1 Like

I wonder would Rafa be interested in any of our players we are trying to move on, Origi or Wilson perhaps.

You just want to fuck with the Bitters heads even more donā€™t you - esp with shouts of our derby day hero Div going there :rofl:

If memory serves me right, the last time a player moved between us and the bitters was Nick Barmby?

14 Likes

They could adopt his song :musical_note: also and we could all sing it together during the derbies. :smiley:

8 Likes

I canā€™t wait to hear our lot singing his name at Goodison ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes