The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

None of those are proper links though, Daka for example has been confirmed we had zero intrest, so again it’s our name being used by agents… I’d say the same for the other 3.

Surely not Watkins he’s only been at AV for a year so unless it’s the club desperately wishing to get rid of I would hassard it’s either a wild punt or there’s something in it.

1 Like

Someone posted the article on twitter and it basically says we will keep him…unless someone puts in offer of £15-20m.

:man_facepalming:t2:

That guy has 9 lives.

1 Like

I hope this is just a negotiating tactic on our part

1 Like

So frustrating. He has all the tools to be good. He just seems to keep them in his tool bag to much :slight_smile:

1 Like

He might sit out his contract.

Hope not because so far we’ve been very patient with him and we still love and respect him but this could change.

Negotiating tactics if you ask me. I’m sure there are plenty of sides where he’d be a very competent centre forward. Problem is, a lot of those sides are on the continent and don’t have that kind of money but maybe there’s a deal to be made later in the window when such sides sell a few of their better players.

1 Like

Or some form of exchange, say £15-20m from us plus Origi for Alexander Izak or Andre Silva.

Silva has agreed to join Leipzig. It’s not yet official though.

And Izak just signed a new contract with a whopping release clause.

Think we can scratch both of those from our list for this summer.

2 Likes

Isak has just signed a new contract (I’m still puzzled to see the impact of big international tournaments on player values and contracts - surely the player was that developed before the tournament itself), while Silva seems to be on his way to Leipzig. AOC it is then but Klopp will sign a midfielder. :wink:

I didn’t think we did that, then you did say ‘form’ of exchange and we would go for sell at full price and buy at full price (negociated of course). I suppose it’s like an exchange without the exchange part if you get my meaning.

Robertson-Stewart, Jota-Hoever? As you say they are ‘separate’ deals but work great financially. The cheaper player is paid for all up front in full but then that is paid back in full as the down payment on the more expensive player with what’s left being put under usual payment structures.

Why do I feel the £1 for 6 months is probably the main reason for that post rather than the rumour.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Origi plus £15-20m for Mbappe and Edwards deserves a knighthood.

1 Like

If Chupo-Moting is good enough for PSG, so is CL and PL winner Div.

3 Likes

He should be King Of England, President of the World Bank, the Most High of the New World Order if that happens.

2 Likes

I was going to scoff but then I remembered that Barca once gave prime Eto’o + 40m for Ibra.

5 Likes