The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Very tenious links to Nicolo Barella who is called the Kante v2.0… If he’s half as good as Kante yes please!

2 Likes

He’s much more attacking than Kante, carries the ball well like Kante.

He’s being linked via Calciomercato - a bit hit and miss, but one of the better sources.

But nothing will happen until after Italy are out (or after the final if they make it) of the Euros. That said, find it interesting that the Sancho deal has been struck whilst he’s away on England duty - maybe that’s why he’s not played - a bit distracted by his future.

2 Likes

I’ve just seen that both Malen and Gravenberch, who have been linked of late, are managed by none other than Mino Raiola…

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

3 Likes

He’s a bit of a confusing player because his complete absence of goals at all stages of his career would make you think he was a Mascherano/Kante type player, but if you read review or watch him play you see that while he covers a ton of ground like those guys do a lot of his strengths are with the ball. He’s basically a workhorse who’s got real quality and is constructive in possession.

It’s difficult to find the right comparison. If you’re being harsh you might say a young gerrard without the goals. If you’re being nice you might say a liverpool version of gini but who’s more inclined to find an good pass than protect the ball.

7 Likes

Yeah I watched a 10minute video of him and he is a proper all round action type of player. Some of the deft touches and passes he can do makes me think he’d fit right in, and as you say the engine he has will be a tick tick tick to Klopp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNCljEzzYKw

1st goal, fucking hell!!

2 Likes

If we’re gonna go down the ex Peterboro-Brentford-Premier League player, I’d rather wait 12 months and take Ivan Toney after Brentford go back down

1 Like

I think you’ll find the plus £15-20m is on the wrong side of the deal.

1 Like

Toney looks decent, and obviously a year in the PL would be good for him and all to see how he copes.

But we do need someone this summer in the attacking ranks I feel.

3 Likes

Possibly, but with Elliott coming back after his loan, we have Bobby, Divok, Salah and Jota can all play in the middle, whilst Mane, Salah, Jota, Elliot, Jones, Shaqiri can play on the wings I think we have enough depth to get us through this year, unless a complete no-brainer type of signing like Mbappe becomes available

1 Like

Oh yeah I don’t dispute that we have the numbers to fill the gaps.

I do however think that we can only rely on Divock as a back up/emergency striker, not one to challenge the others, therefore making the collective better, and I’ve not seen enough of Minamino as yet. I have high hopes for Elliot, he’s a proper footballer, but I am keeping my expectations low for what he might contribute next year.

I don’t see us bringing any striker/attacker in until one or a combo of Div/Shaq/Minamino leave, which would be my preference to refresh things up top. All that said, I don’t have major concerns about the attackers as last year was always going to be tough after our injuries to the defenders and midfielders.

Right now, the biggest concern for me is that we might actually end up light in CM, with Gini going (with a lot of legs/minutes). Although Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho are likely to be able to cover off the miss of Gini, an injury or two, and we might be in trouble given the history of injuries for both Naby and Ox. Curtis will have to step up this season.

1 Like

Told you - never scores. Ever.

4 Likes

Dam, his value has gone up £5mil… got an assist as well the bastard.

1 Like

I think he’s having a lovely game.

I can see why Liverpool scouts were interested in Doku. Aside from having an awesome name, he’s playing like mini-Mane against the main favourite to win the tournament.

3 Likes

I’ve seen Barella play in about 4 different games for a total of about 80 minutes and I’ve come to the conclusion he’s mustard. Get him in.

4 Likes

Just don’t ask him to pass or shoot.

1 Like

The more I watch this game the more Im coming on board. Of all the Italians, who look the top team so far, he is the one Im most on board with. Everything good they do goes through him…and he’s got a very unitalian sort of energy about him.

2 Likes

Shall not keep you all in suspense anymore. LFC has contacted me and will be signing me for a very reasonable fee to compete with Salah for a starting place in the striker department. I am not there yet as I am not comfortable travelling during these covid times. Watch this space,

4 Likes

I’d say the Kante comparisons are somewhat exaggerated, not the same type of player. I’d say Barella is proper box-to-box (not that Kante is naturally a holder, although he can play it, but generally simply a more defensive player), with more technical and attacking instincts, but who can also bring dynamic to a midfield. A nice little complete package growing with new levels. I don’t see Inter selling though, or at least for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Now that they’ve sold Hakimi (it’s done or nearly done isn’t it?) for good money they don’t necessarily need to keep selling anymore so are well placed to demand high fees.

Does anyone know if Eriksen is going to need to retire?