The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

We collapsed that season. I legitimately believe Gerrard was suffering undiagnosed grief, we sometimes forget these players are humans, finishing second and the slip meant he was a shadow the following year. Losing Sturridge to injury nearly all year and Suarez to a forced sale it seemed we weren’t prepared for (but should have been). We had an awful season but without Sterling carrying us it would have been far worse. And no sign of things improving. He also should have had more made of him and better wage offer earlier. Do believe the club fucked up. But even if we’d have done everything perfectly his dick of an agent could have still completely fucked everything up.

We might not have even had Klopp so not sure how you can predict that. Sterling stays maybe we don’t afford Benteke, maybe we actually start that season a bit better and Rodgers stays longer and Klopp ends up elsewhere? Horrific to think but maybe it was for the best he went when he did?

3 Likes
5 Likes

I seem to recall that had Klopp come in before Sterling left for City that there was a good chance he would have stayed.

I’ve got no hard feelings towards Sterling. He wasn’t the grown man that he’s now become. Aidy Ward acted rather unprofessionally and that’s on him, not Sterling.

I’d be open to taking him back for a reasonable sum and providing he accepted a wage that fit within our structure.

4 Likes

I have no issues with Sterling and in fact have quite enjoyed him in an England shirt, maybe my hostility was driven more by his blue shirt and anyone in that blue shirt.

Yet I still can’t like Kylie Walker so maybe it’s not that.

3 Likes

You just can’t get him out of your head.

2 Likes

I dont think I said it about Sterling, but I definitely said the same about Phil. This has become such a business, and one that these players are utterly unqualified to manage themselves. As such, they are told that they’re smart to hire professionals to do it for them, and pay a damn good amount of money for their services. Under those circumstances, when that person tells you that if you want this outcome you should do this interview with the BBC and say this, then that’s what you do.

3 Likes

To be honest it’s very easy, it was just the fact he was someone who played for Man City who i didn’t like at club or country.

Maguire plays a similar role but plays for the red half.

He’s spinning him round.

2 Likes

I hope he never comes back.

3 Likes

We have Mane and Jota, we don’t need Sterling.

2 Likes
1 Like

That would be an almighty fall for Divock.

There, now it can be discussed in here, happy?

For what it’s worth there’s almost no point trying to police what players are discussed in this thread, we are unreliably linked to pretty much everyone and its almost impossible to find early, reliable links to the ones we end up signing.

2 Likes

Jurgen Klopp to be convinced about player’s commitment

And that is the key. If the boss ain’t having him, he won’t come

1 Like

@AnfieldRdDreamer beat me to it. Sterling has been unreliably linked in the past couple of weeks. This thread facilitates discussion on such rumours.

1 Like

I would welcome him back no problem but if he stays at city he’s still a little cunt.

3 Likes

Sterling, definitely a good player. And at the same time I don’t like him.

If we sign him and he does the business - goals, assists, the lot; then fine, I’m willing to be persuaded!

2 Likes

If we could get over the baggage etc where would he fit in our front line?

Take it and run.

4 Likes