The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

We have a squad that won the CL and the PL and now had a bad season not because they are too old or past their prime but for other reasons.

Other teams should pray that we have many distractions like injuries etc again because this squad still has everything to win everything.

We are not in the position to have to look at what other teams do.

3 Likes

ā€˜Fansā€™ just see problems where there arenā€™t any. :joy:

2 Likes

Even if we just sell and donā€™t buy i am relaxed and confident for next season.

But I am very worried about the time after Klopp.

1 Like

Have we signed Pedri yet?

1 Like

Letā€™s see, 3 years is a long time in football.

First things first, letā€™s have a better season.

Weā€™ll see how we look in 2024 when we get there.

3 Likes

I would love Dani Olmo at Liverpool he worked his socks off against Italy tonight for 120 min

2 Likes

Agents usually get a real poor reputation on here but someone pointed out something interesting that Jorge Mendes is the evil, diabolical, ā€œsuperā€ agent that happens to represent Jota and Fabinho. Two deals that were kept incredibly quiet and nobody knew about till the were having their photos taken. Was just wondering if any of our purchases this summer may be through him and follow the same ā€œout of nowhereā€ but exactly what we need format.

Some likely possible contenders from his clients if it did happen: Andre Silva (supposed to have something sorted but nothing sealed yet is there?), Pedro Neto, Sanches (not really quiet at moment but could still be true), Never (surprisingly quiet considering Wolves seem quite open about him being available) and a left field possible RB cover if Neco Williams leaves is Tomas Esteves (seems to have something to him but Iā€™m no expert) either on loan or bought before he fully develops.

I mentioned a couple of years back that Insigne is a player I really admire, he has similar traits to Suarez.
I havenā€™t really seen him play much recently so donā€™t know what his recent form has been like.
He is 30 now so think that ship has sailed, I would rather resign Suarez, knowing it was a short term solution and put the funds elsewhere :+1:t2:

1 Like

FIFY :wink:

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t impressed until he managed a pass (which was more a 1 2). i haenā€™t seen any one during these euros that has really taken my fancy. I certainly wouldnā€™t go for a player just because he worked hard for his national team.
Having said that that Sterling bloke Sterling has come on leaps and bounds since he started passing the ball rather than trying to beat players 1 on1 with unsuccessful dribbles, we might be able to do something with him.

1 Like

Can I suggest something we could do with him?
Fuck him into the reserves and let the little egotistical Judas cunt rot. He is the pricks prick, arrogant twat that should never wear a Liverpool shirt again.

Rant over!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for bringing back those bad memories. I was trying to underline the dirth of talent Iā€™ve noticed in this euro thingy in a humoristic way and obviously failed miserably. I could have used Pickford but that was too painful for me.
However is Shakiri worth keeping now that he has shown he could be useful in big tournaments (like CL no sorry I mean FA and League cup? :wink:

2 Likes

booty had me like dat ass GIF

3 Likes

My bitterness towards Sterling has faded in the last couple of years. Looking back, we had Brodge in charge, we had our 13/14 shoulda coulda woulda slip. From there, clearly the team was looking poor, with Suarez wanting off, with Gerrard retiring, with a weak as fuck defence. Sterling was advised badly by his agent (Aidy ward), but ultimately heā€™s been vindicated by making the move, making a fuck tonne more money that he was on here, and also winning a fuck tonne more trophies.

Would I want him back, nah not really, my bitterness has faded, but not enough for that. So whoever suggested that happens, wash your mouth out with soap!

Yesterday i posted a most unreliable link to Insigne. Todays one coming out of Italy, weā€™re apparantly back in for Serbian Milinkovic-Savic

3 Likes

Sterling is a real good player and would fit Klopps set up better than he fits Guardiolas. In fact I think Klopp would take him to another level and heā€™d be unarguably world class (being arguably world class on his day currently).

The history with the club, the price of any fee, the liklihood (or lack of it) of City dealing with us and his age probably make it a no go. There would certainly be concerns over what wage itā€™d take too.

But in some ways itā€™s a shame. If things had of worked out a little different he could have spent his whole senior career with us and be viewed a lot better than he is. Donā€™t see him as this evil, greedy type that some do. Certain amount of demonisation had happened with him that bizarrely didnā€™t with some others who personally did worse/more to force their departures like Mascherano and Suarez. Most of the negativity was due to the words and actions of his agent.

4 Likes

Calciomercato is one of the worst sources of transfer rumours, at least when it comes to rumours involving English clubs. Itā€™s as if that outlet exists only to publish what agents of Italy-based players tell them. Milinković Savić might be a very talented player but he suits only specific systems (likely ones where heā€™d be the central attacking mdifielder) - Liverpool isnā€™t a side that would suit him.

Iā€™d probably take Sterling back given the opportunity. I think Klopp would sort out his finishing issues for good, he already has everything else that a modern winger needs to have.

5 Likes

Yeah, people forget how bad we were back then and how much was on his shoulders. It didnā€™t look like we were going anywhere and he was offered the chance to join a team who were challenging for honours. Of course money played a role, and it could have been handled better, but it was understandable. If heā€™d stayed we may never have seen the mighty ManĆ©, and that would have really been a shame!

2 Likes

He would have had a CL winners medal too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course, but how many saw that coming in those days? Maybe if Klopp had been appointed that summer things might have been different.
Sorry, all this should be in ex players thread

2 Likes

Very much in the ā€˜would have Sterling backā€™ camp. Plenty of rumours Pep is prepared to let him go.

Donā€™t think heā€™s has any major injuries (open to correction) great in 1v1 situations, finishing while still erratic has certainly improved, seems to have a good work ethic too.

If weā€™re looking for players who improve us, heā€™s definitely in that bracket.

3 Likes