The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Maybe he got tipoff from him! Damn I should have followed

1 Like

Is there a rumor that El Hadji Diouf is coming back ā€¦ sure hope it is unreliable.

2 Likes

Diouf, didnā€™t like him at all. I suspect that had he put up Ian Rush type numbers and whacked in 346 goals for us, Iā€™d have started to come round! ā€œWell, heā€™s a bit mad like - arenā€™t we all? But you need a couple of characters in a winning team.ā€ etc.

In addition to having plenty about him that we didnā€™t like, he cost a lot of money and wasnā€™t very good. But apart from that, his mother loved him!

Sanches might be an interesting signing if we do it. Definitely a good player, and after losing his way at Bayern, I see it as a big plus point that he has fought his way back. Shows character.

The concern is the fitness record. Unless he suddenly shows a level of fitness he hasnā€™t been able to so far, he will not be getting close to covering Wijnaldumā€™s minutes.

And yetā€¦ will he have to?

Because as I look at the midfield, it seems that Jones will start to grab a lot more minutes and see more action himself. At that point, the possible risk on Sanches might be diluted.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been supportive of literally every transfer in the Klopp era but Sanches is a weird one for me, and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a smokescreen.

To @Draexnael ā€™s earlier point about him not being able to replace Giniā€™s minutes and reliability, I completely agree, Sanches really isnā€™t an ideal candidate for that.

Renato Sanches senior club minutes played in a season:
2020/21 - 1,570
2019/20 - 2,090
2018/19 - 766
2017/18 - 552
2016/17 - 903
2015/16 - 3,639
2014/15 - 1,001

2020/21
Completed 80+ minutes only 5 times in central midfield last season.

Again, just an odd one for me.

6 Likes

It would be okay if Sanches was the only risk, but with Keita and Ox plus not get any younger Milner and even Hendo has more issues than iā€™d like, I would be much happier with a player that the evidence would suggest they have reliable fitness, although letā€™s face it you just canā€™t predict that.

If indeed Sanches is a target I wonā€™t be unhappy, heā€™s an exciting player if Klopp can tap into his early potential.

1 Like

We have Thiago for that, more a Keita replacement imo.
Itā€™s probably viewed as a Gini replacement because Gini has left and if someone comes in itā€™s ā€˜likeā€™ they replace Gini. In anycase itā€™s not really important.

2 Likes

Iā€™d have to assume that last season that was because of injury, but for each of the last 4 years before surely it was more due to simply playing like shit and being overlooked.

3 Likes

Heā€™s only 23 so also the confidence in him could play a part.
Swansea was a strange one, reported 8.5 million loan deal and he hardly plays.
Bayern I can understand easier style and experience just insufficient type stuff.

1 Like

He strikes me as the kind of player that needs to be nurtured into a system. Klopp and Ljinders could be the perfect pair to get him firing regularly.

As I always say, my opinions on a player mean little. Once we sign a player Iā€™m on board as I trust Klopp and Co.

3 Likes

Once you realise just how much analysis of potential targets is done, you have to just trust the process once we decide to pull the trigger on a player, or when we pass on them for that matter.

Of course there are never any guarantees, but Iā€™m certain long gone are the days (if they truly existed) of picking up players off the back of scoring against us, or having a few good matches in a tournament.

2 Likes

He scored against the Mancs! Loved him.

Liverpool fans: Sell Keita heā€™s too injury prone and inconsistent!

Also Liverpool fans: Sign Sanches!

9 Likes

Ings is available cheap

3 Likes

Who has said that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Twitter is buzzing for the move right now.

1 Like

Liverpool fans want new signings or reliable links because weā€™re ā€˜jealousā€™ of ManU bringing in Sancho and City being linked with Kane and Grealish.

IMO: Give me a season without injuries over any signing in the world.

9 Likes

Big raspberry. As if Iā€™m interested in twitter rubbish. I thought you meant on here. FFS disappionted! :cry:

1 Like

i bet they were jealous when we got KonatƩ so quickly. :partying_face:
Yes Iā€™m still partying from that one! :partying_face:
If we get anymore senior squad players in the roof of my house will be blown away. :smiley:

1 Like

Not for the first time neither , goes back a couple of years that one. Wonā€™t be happening though.

1 Like