The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I don’t think the earlier rumours where about him looking to leave but in Pep no longer wanting him.

2 Likes

To be honest we all know Sterling left us to go to City “for the money” and to guarantee trophies but do we know he’s on THAT much? Our wage bill has caught up a lot and just because he is on more than he was on here (not hard, he was on an academy wage still) and probably a fair bit more than we were offering (but yet again there was a feeling we were under offering him because he was young not based on what he was contributing). I’m not sure he’s on quite the mega bucks some seem to assume he is.

Wasn’t Sterling featured in a Spanish magazine with a Real Madrid shirt draped over him last year? If he’s going anywhere he’ll be going there I would have thought? I can’t envision any scenario where he comes back to Liverpool.

1 Like

Sterling can be the big signing for Real Madrid, leaving us clear to sign Mbappe. Simples.

4 Likes

True. He’ll be their ‘new’ Hazard… :rofl:

1 Like

General consensus is he’s City’s second highest-paid player after KDB on about £300,000 a week. If that’s even close to true he’s not going anywhere, and certainly not here, unless he takes a hit or City pay the difference.

City aren’t going to sell him to us anyway so a bit of a moot point.

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like our options are;

Midfielder - Saul / Sanchez
Forward - Malens / Doku

Would prefer Saul and Doku personally.

1 Like

There is logic in Mallen transfer (so much that a month or two ago I went through his compilations on YouTube, haha) but I’m still convinced he’ll end up at Dortmund. An attack consisting of two clients of Raiola… Besides, he wouldn’t get too much playing time at Liverpool and Raiola would surely kick up a fuss because of that. I like what I’ve seen from him so far, it would also be nice to add another good Dutch player, I have a soft spot for them.

2 Likes

Think Malen to Dortmund is as good as done. They’ve been heavily linked with him for 2-3 months now and it just feels like with other signing they did in recent years.

2 Likes

They sound like Star Wars baddies…

8 Likes
4 Likes

Saul Doku is defo a Sith Lord.

6 Likes

They listened!

:wink:

6 Likes

As I mentioned a couple of months ago Stellar also rep Camavinga :eyes:

4 Likes

The Vlahovic talk/links has gone silent. Always going to be a luxury signing (for multiple reasons) but for me the one player I’d love the club to bring in.

Quite a fair few players on the books that we could be interested in.

BVB Newsblog @bvbnewsblog

In the meantime, the only question is when the transfer of Donyell Malen to Borussia Dortmund will take place. According to AD, they won’t have to wait much longer - although no official offer has been made yet, this will happen soon. @ADnl via @FT_Redaktion

1 Like

I think the above tweet is some hours old.

The following article was published just now on BILD but it’s behind a paywall.

Title suggest that the Malen transfer to Dortmund might not happen.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s some kind of Liverpool related.

1 Like

I have only watched him play (at best) 10 times but he definitely looks a talent. For someone of such young age his game is way more mature. If there is anyway we can pull this off then I am all in, even if it means moving Mbappe to 2022.
Barca have to free up salary, which hinders their ability to offer high wages to Pedri and Although its a high figure for a player of young age, Its a relatively modest buyout clause for a Spanish based player.
I believe it makes sense in a financial aspect, reportedly he is on £34k a week, we could double/triple that and it would still make more sense than the 250/300k a week Sancho may have agreed with United. The only issue I see is paying the full £70m upfront to activate his release fee.
I believe this would also make a real statement in the football world, gone are the days of Barca/Real pinching our best players, no better way of stamping our authority by taking theirs.

2 Likes

Even the most carelessly run football club will never offer Barca close to any of their players release clause. Absolutely everyone that has heard of the game football, knows that they are desperate to clear salary AND create some transfer income, and they have been desperate to do this for the past two years at least. Barca can effectively only afford free transfers, and apparently can’t even register them before they clear salary (rumour has it).

1 Like