The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Let’s just help them abut and take Fati and Pedri off them then for combined 50mil then. Some charity from us would be nice

Donald Trump Rnc GIF by Election 2016

2 Likes

It fucking well better be,he was a pain in the arse.

Not interested in seeing Sterling wearing our shirt again,granted he was here under Rodgers,but he was chasing money then and probably still is.
Anyway,don’t see that we need him,unless he sits on the bench!!!
That won’t happen.

2 Likes

Who is this Saul we have been linked with? The twitteratti are wetting themselves over him.

He’s got brilliant pedigree. Saul Niguez of Atletico Madrid.

2 Likes

He will absolutely do very nicely.

1 Like

Yeh, I’d prefer Saul over Sanches - definitely. Think we need to shift quite a few more first though.

5 Likes

Cant see anyone reliable saying we are interested.

Could be because the club don’t want them to talk about their interest, (if we actually are)?

2 Likes

If we look at our list and who is fit now, no new signing is breaking into the starting midfield over Thiago, Fab and Hendo - stressing while they are fit. If who we get for the midfield (and we must get one additional player) are a step above Ox and Jones then I am all in.

Sterling is a great player on his day but watching his City games he hasnt improved on his weaknesses over the years that he had when he played for us. Still misses sitters often. Excellent tourny so far and seems like he has a point to prove…does that mean under normal circumstances after he gets what he wants he will revert to his old self? Very expensive player to have sit on our bench in any case.

Hopefully they can get a nice fee for him, so that Mickey can get his sell-on clause. Mbappe’s August wages ain’t gonna fund themselves.

6 Likes

Have a slightly different view, in the sense, that while, starting this season, the 3 you mentioned are definitely our best trio in midfield by many measures.

However, the trio that won us everything, Fabinho, Hendo and Gini were very different from those 3. Essentially, Thiago, while bringing something world class to our midfield is very different from Gini and that means there is something different the rest have to do to compensate for what Thiago is not good at. So to me, bringing in someone who not necessarily to replace Gini, but brings that hustle and bustle, strong, can run all day, can give us another dimension and options for different games.

But then again that is dependent on who is available at what price. If no one is, Klopp has always shown he is willing to depend on current squad options, which honestly is not short, in terms of quality or numbers, that is if everyone keeps fit, like you mentioned.

2 Likes

Henderson really can play in multiple ways and I think he could play the Gini role quite comfortably. I think it would be prudent for Klopp to have Hendo play only 60-65 minutes a match at least at the start of the season, so there is a big opening there to have a player, as you say, more naturally like Gini to come in.

We shouldn’t though pretend that Gini was flawless. There was some annoying parts to his game - he was a great recycler of the ball, but on those occasions he did play it forward, particularly during a transition, he had an amazing ability to play the ball behind a running player or at least play the ball in such a way that a player had to break stride.

Henderson is absolutely incredible at playing a ball into space and timing the pass so that running players can sprint onto it. And this isn’t just one of those things spotted where Gini made a bad forward pass once in a game. I think it was actually one of his biggest weaknesses and broke up many fast moving attacks.

Gini can be improved upon. We can be better without bringing in a Gini replica. With Thiago,Fab and Hendo fit, I think set up correctly they will be a far more solid trio than any one featuring Gini (and I loved the guy).

12 Likes

I saw a tweet yesterday suggesting Ward may leave Leicester City this summer and has a 20% sell on clause as does Ings. Could have bit of a windfall this window before we sell any of the players still here.

6 Likes

It does depend on how it’s worded. The 20% often applies to the amount received over and above the amount the club paid Liverpool for the player.

5 Likes

Raiola demanding that Malen’s wage is tripled. He’s reportedly on 2m Euros, so going to 6m equates to £99kpw.

Quite a lot for a young kid. I just don;t like Raiola one bit

2 Likes

Great points though I think Gini also did a lot of good stuff that we didn’t notice. We might be able to match or improve on his skill set, but will struggle to get close to his reliability and robustness

Probably nonsense but posting it anyway…just in case anyone knows of this journalist he mentions and whether or not he is relatively reliable?

2 Likes

I don’t like agents trying to call the shots, but if viewed in terms of a negotiating position, he’s just trying to get what he can for his client.

On the face of it Malen should be looking for more money if and when he moves.

If he comes here I would imagine we can easily double his money without blinking, but the rest, up to 100k pw, should be incentive laden. And if he settles and does well here, and fulfills his potential such that he can be viewed as a regular replacement for one of the current front three, then he will make a lot more money again.

Anyway, I’m defending him slightly, but I generally don’t like agents, and Raiola has his sticky fingers in too many pies.

No, the journalists in England seem to be fairly clueless when it comes to non-domestic targets. In recent years, the interest has usually been reported by sources in the selling club’s country. Or, in some cases, not at all.

I think this rumour comes from AS, but they have their daily columns to fill, so I’m not sure it’s something to get excited about just yet.

Atletico have bought Rodrigo de Paul, so it could be they’re prepared to let Saul leave.

4 Likes