The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Never heard of the guy, you’ve probably found the source tweet but here it is just in case:

I thought it was a joke, by the way, Gigi Dragone sounded like an Italian version of the name of some English language cartoon character! :joy:

1 Like

Yep all seems to be similar messages, either all coming from 1 bullshit source… Or this is moving…

here is already an offer from Liverpool for Saúl Nigüez and he is very close to reaching what the club is demanding. The Atleti before the desire of Saúl and especially of Barnett who has won the battle, will listen to the offer. Saúl is very close to being a player of the

@LFC

3 Likes

How many people have actually seen Camavinga play?

3 Likes

Not me, have no clue if he is any good but if he comes I’ll trust Klopp and his people that he is good.

1 Like

Once. His first start for France and he scored an overhead kick. It was like a first hit of crack.

6 Likes

I’ve seen him, not a lot, but a couple of times. My initial impression is that he is raw, but he has ability to run with the ball, dribble, and drive past players in the midfield. As such, in a Liverpool team, I could see him breaking through the lines that teams assemble against us to good effect.

However, he is young and raw, and has more to learn before he could be a regular here, but the ingredients I have seen look very promising.

2 Likes

I think the hype stems from Real Madrid’s reported long-term interest in him. Their record of buying expensive young players has improved recently, so when people hear Real Madrid are linked with a high-profile youngster, they immediately jump on the hype train. Now Man United are negotiating for him, so there has to be something special about the kid if the biggest and the richest clubs in the world are going after him. Funnily enough, I’ve heard people comparing him to young Pogba.

1 Like

I noticed the hype really taking off when the Guardian published an article claiming him to be the most exciting teenager in the world. Suddenly everyone was an expert on him.

I’m sure he’s a talent but I highly doubt any 18 year old would be the best option for us right now.

2 Likes

Yep, and his wage demands are huge for his age.

Saul, 26, for £40mil is a great signing if it happens. He plays a lot of minutes for one of the most demanding managers.

5 Likes

I Dont Know GIF by Fargo

1 Like

I was sure it was me who saw him play for France and have been pushing for him ever since.
He already has amazing ability, game reading and game orientation as well as extraordinary technical abilities.

1 Like

Yep, I’d take Niguez in a heart beat. I’m trying not to get too excited by the possibility.

3 Likes

martin lawrence GIF

1 Like

Indeed, a left footed version of Gini who is 4 years younger and a bit more progressive in his passing / running? What isn’t to like…

I don’t follow a lot of Spanish football but wasn’t he touted to Utd a couple of seasons ago for around £80mil?

2 Likes

The future midfield will need to be carefully planned because of age and injury issues of the current crop, though, but I think that Klopp will be looking to make the most out of players he already has, while Edwards will be preparing their successors.

If we’re talking about hyped up teenagers, Camavinga might become the best midfielder in the world one day but I’m firmly in the Bellingham camp at the moment. I honestly don’t know what’s got to me but I can’t help looking at his age, ability, potential, his conduct, all that relative to same criteria of Liverpool’s current midfielders, and think “yeah, this is a player Liverpool might break their transfer record on in three to five years”.

Oh, I have no doubts he’s good, France have a never-ending conveyor belt of world class talent. I just hope that he plays like Pogba under Mourinho if he joins Man United. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Saul this summer.
Bellingham next summer to replace Hendo.

O yes please sir…

6 Likes

I remember a while ago reading a little snippet that Atletico might be interested in Keita. I wonder if there’s any truth in that, and it might be Saul in, Keita out?

At this point the fee Keita would demand would be short of what we would have to pay for Saul, but it hasn’t quite happened at Liverpool for him, and it’s possible the robust nature of the Prem is giving him too many injuries, so a move to Spain might be the fresh start he needs?

Just speculating.

2 Likes

I wanted Thiago at LCM…

:pensive: :joy:

Yes, indeed. The kid looks exceptional. He reminds me of a cross between Tom Huddlestone and Gerrard.

I know Huddlestone didn’t go on to do much but he had fantastic attributes. Failed to fulfill his potential.

4 Likes

Liverpool are preparing a €40m offer to sign Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid

That preparing line makes me giggle every time I read it, I’ll see the secretary of Edwards telling some journalist, I a looking up in all bank accounts how much we have and after that, I’m writing an e-mail to AM making that offer … :sunglasses:

1 Like