The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Saul Niguez… a very tempting link, that… if I remember well, he was one of the players who hurt us when we played them in the CL, back in spring 2020?

Anyway, that would be a great move in order to add steel and talent at the same time to our midfield, after Gini’s departure.

1 Like

Haha, you do. And you might still get that, maybe Klopp is looking for us to create different angles on the right side.

Not sure… He was doing some tasty shenanigans with Trent by the end of the season on the right.

2 Likes

I think you may have misunderstood my point or I haven’t explained myself.
The release clause is something the Spanish league requires, do you think Barca will sell Pedri for less? His salary is minimal compared to others and that is the issue, the Salary cap. This is why they cant offer Messi a contract. Transfer wise they can probably afford to buy players, but they their interests are in removing higher paid players like Coutinho.

3 Likes

Steve Harvey What GIF

2 Likes

I think he did actually play to the limit of his potential, but people who were high on him as a kid underestimated how crippling his lack of pace and mobility was for the top level. That was something that only got worse with a couple of injuries. He was a wonderful player to play with if you had the ball, but far too easy to play against when you were defending.

3 Likes

Yeah, and Bellingham reminds me of Huddlestone but with more pace. He’s potentially elite.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Raiola thinks we are United.

1 Like

Are Dortmund even rumoured to be willing to let Bellingham go?

Dortmund have made very good moves taking on your English talent knowing fine well they can improve them and punt them back for huge profits, young players get a chance, and it suits English clubs to not let their rising talents leave for other English clubs.

They are the definition of a buy young, develop, sell for double profit club… So 100% yes.

Not this summer no, but next summer I reckon half the top 6 in England will be submitting bids.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought - it’ll be next summer that he (maybe) moves, but not this.

I’d also be surprised if they sell Halaand this summer.

I first heard of him when he got an assist as a 16 year old against PSG on his 2nd start for Rennes. There was a lot of buzz after that game about how good he is (and was going to be). Similar buzz at the start of this season when he got a goal and assist in his first two games but after that he got just one more assist all season (not that it’s a bad return for an 18 year old DM but it just is worth noting that his hype seems to go up after notable actions - even though that doesn’t seem to be what his game is based around).

He kind of reminds me of Ovie Ejaria to be honest. A better player, probably, but stylistically similar.

2 Likes

What’s Huddlestone bringing to this mix that is better than Stevie alone?

1 Like

Fat! (10 kilos)

4 Likes

It’s his languid style and build, which is what Bellingham has which is reminiscent of Huddlestone. Gerrard didn’t have that…he was more kinetic in his movements, if you know what I mean? Huddlestone also hit a ball with an ease that’s hard to replicate, very little follow through but yet the ball would just ping effortlessly like an arrow. Gerrard had equally as good range, better in fact, but he hit the ball slightly differently, more follow through.

Like Huddlestone, Bellingham plays with more of an upward stance than Gerrard who preferred to slightly hunch over the ball.

Stylistically Bellingham reminds me a lot of Huddlestone but with at least as good attributes, including those he shares with Gerrard.

Eg…

2 Likes

Please get Huddlestone out of the Unreliable Rumours thread. He has no business here and it’s upsetting!

Go Away GIF

14 Likes

Tom fucking Huddlestone?

Rejected Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

2 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/XdPoPakQrzSCDuow7

3 Likes

Anyone familiar with voetball24be?

1 Like

No GIF

9 Likes