The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Do you not think he’s already there in terms of the fee it would take?

He’ll never be in the same bracket cost-wise as Sancho due to the positions they play but i’d be surprised if Dortmund would sell him for anything less than about £50m at this point.

Part of their model is the English tax. They know they can get Premier League clubs, who are about the only ones other than Bayern and PSG who have serious cash, to pay more for English players than other nationalities. Sancho was the first, Bellingham will be the next and they’re already lining up Noni Madueke as possibly the one after.

I think our time to get Bellingham was when he left Birmingham City. The only place I see him going if he carries on at this trajectory is City, United or Chelsea, simply because of the fee Dortmund will demand.

3 Likes

I think eventually he’ll hit the fee and wage category Sancho did, Sancho for me on fee at least was a good deal. Maybe due to contract situation not sure. But seems the Manchester clubs and Chelsea maybe are really going down a certain financial route (high guaranteed wages plus transfer fees committed in up front payments) to try and freeze us out. Whether that’ll work I’m not sure, I mean we brought Thiago in straight away on top wages and Bayern had to accept the payment structure as for the player it was us or nowhere (rumours that was what we were trying to persuade Werner to do too) but maybe with younger, up and coming players like Sancho and Bellingham when he’s 20 we won’t be prepared to go near the salaries they will offer (whether we can is a separate consideration). Klopp actually doesn’t go below 23/24 much and thinking he may not unless it’s a “developing” talent. Hence Sanches and Saul links seeming stronger than Camavinga or younger CMs. Just trying to get a feel of what I feel is likely and my gut tells me Bellingham next summer is possible after that probably not.

Fabrizio admits he knows as much as we do about Liverpool transfers and people should probably stop taking evey word he says as gospel.

4 Likes

Liverpool to complete shock signing is pretty much how I expect it will happen under Edwards and Klopp, I think Thiago was so well known due to him being a free agent.

Konate was talked about for a while but only by one or two, we are now Man Utd we don’t tell the world our transfer deals.

2 Likes

Ironically Man Utd very publicly telegraph their activities now to somehow appease their fans(?), which doesn’t seem to work.

Thiago and Konate talk started at the other end. Nobody gets squat from our end till its all agreed and then Pearce, Joyce and Reddy and the likes get the same memo. Anyone in the UK saying they know what’s going on is A; lying, B; going on faith off a colleague from abroad being right or C; making an educated guess based on what people they trust to he right are saying.

The headline:
Fabrizio Romano expects Liverpool to complete shock signing

The correct headline:
Fabrizio Romano expects to be shocked like last summer

5 Likes

Isn’t it a prerequisite for a shock to be unexpected?

Can you be shocked by something you expect?

:thinking:

7 Likes

electric shock GIF

6 Likes

According to Sky in Germany, Haaland’s agent Mino Raiola is asking for a commission of €40m (£34.2m) as part of any deal for the Dortmund striker

Taken from the piece below;

Can’t see Edwards wanting to deal with Raiola regardless of how good the players he represents are, unless the player is only interested in joining Liverpool - and even then, there would be some shithousery.

3 Likes

Recent talk of a bid for the latter arriving from Borussia Monchengladbach is understood to be wide of the mark, but both men are expected to generate interest.

Yeah shut up Grizz Khan you lying prick.

5 Likes

We haven’t a clue what is happening but we need to publish something….

3 Likes

To be fair that’s most jobs and companies…

The mail saying Leicester want £64m for Tielemans. There’s no way he is a £64m player. I’ve never been that impressed with him every time I’ve seen him.

2 Likes

I think we need to move some people on more than bring some people in. When we ended the season we were quite strong. Considering the team we had out there it was naturally going to improve with our injuries returning.
I’m not sure we actually need to much.

1 Like

Last season we were clearly short at CB and look what happened. This season we are short in MF. I don’t want to imagine what happens if we lose any of Fab, Hendo or Thiago for any extended period. For various reasons the alternatives don’t inspire confidence.

6 Likes

Don’t think we‘re short in MF.

2 Likes

We needed a replacement for Lovren and finally have him in Konate. We will need someone to replace Gini unless that is being done with Jones and Minamino.

That’s probably about it.

Selling the people who add very little/nothing like Shaqiri and Wilson is the main thing this year.

1 Like

We have enough players, but two of them are constantly injured (and imho injuries have left Ox in too bad a state to play for us), while another turns 36 in a few months and can’t be relied on as a regular starter in case of injury.

I really do believe we need to move on at least one of Naby and Ox and bring in a reliable replacement.

2 Likes

Really? We don’t currently have any senior midfielders that haven’t struggled with injuries over past couple of years

1 Like

Would love us to sign Saul and I believe we are interested because there is a chance to get an extremely talented player on a very good price here.

But I also do believe that as Fans we are a bit panicking (more than Klopp and staff would do).

Gini played the most minutes that can easily be covered by two out of Fab, Thiago and Hendo.

Gini was not our most talented midfielder (he did the easy stuff extremely good) - which means as long as we get three of Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Curtis, Ox or Keita on the pitch we will have an improved midfield.

5 Likes