The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Wouldn’t it be something like;

Fabinho, Thiago, Aouar
Henderson, Jones, Keita

You’d always want the holding midfielder first. Even Saul slots in perfectly in the Aouar slot.

Aouar headmap;

Thiago played a lot on the right, I appreciate some want to see him move to the left side of the midfield, but I did think he was striking up a good relationship with Trent on the right so I’d be happy that continued.

2 Likes

Only it he improves his passing to his left otherwise anyone else would be preferential imo.

1 Like

Is this seriously a suggestion that one of the best passers of a ball in the last decade (I’m not even sure if this is directed at Trent or Thiago but regardless) cannot pass to the left? Wtf.

11 Likes

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

3 Likes

Little known fact, Thiago can’t turn left.

Animated GIF

13 Likes

Can’t pass to the left!

You must be thinking of the Tiago… :rofl:

3 Likes

Perpetually stuck on a roundabout (RHD!)

1 Like

GIF by KFC Malaysia

4 Likes

Not seen a proper forumite meltdown for a bit. Flops on one.

2 Likes

Good Vibes Reaction GIF by INTO ACTION

1 Like

So who’s going to go through the effort of finding Thiago’s passing stats and pass maps?

They are already in his Kirkby thread, with the same criticisms and some analysis of how reliable stats are. :wink:

I always thought he was a really good stylistic replacement for Gini. Really good engine, great dribbler , carries the ball well and is really press resistant.

Sounds like my trousers.

5 Likes

8 Likes

€10m + €2m bonuses is a bit on the lower end. Would happily take €13m + €2m bonuses.

3 Likes

Think if we can get 11/12M with some flavour of bonuses (1-2M), that’d do it for me (thank-fully I’m not in charge). Feel that is more important to get people out of the door.

2 Likes

Push for as much as we can get and if we can’t get anymore then agree, to quibble over a million if we don’t see him in our future is a bit silly.

3 Likes

See; I always take the opposite view to transfer haggling.

I don’t go into a shop, see something with a £100 price tag and offer the shop £50 for it and another £30 if the missus says she likes it once I get home.

5 Likes