The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I guess once again we’re back to the discussion of whether a Grealish at 100 million would be better, as long as he had Klopp as his boss.

That makes sense. They’re our key players with contracts running down. Hendo will be 33 when his current deal ends so I don’t see the urgency in getting a new deal for him yet. Likewise Bobby will be 31 and is likely to be the first of the front 3 to be refreshed unless we get a big offer for one of the other two first which I dont see happening now they are about to hit 30 and only PSG would be likely bidders.

10 Likes

With 14 days before the start of the competition, it seems highly unlikely any of the so called pundits, got it right. The list of players we bid for is huge, well according to them. I can’t see any coming in now. It would take about 8 weeks to blend them in, even at this point. Fabrisio and Co, just click bait frauds.

Our signings last season came after 10 August, with 2 in September. We don’t need them to be starters on day one.

8 Likes

I suppose one could say at least Grelish stays fit and plays?

But all that is down to Klopp. That’s how he works. Bringing in new players won’t change that except we might wear out someone else for a change.

I do wonder how the contract situation with Firmino gets handled. Does it make sense to just let him do two more years and leave on a free? He’ll still only be 31 by then and can probably get a pretty sweet contract at a good club.

I’ve thought about whether or not he’s the type to stick around and accept more of a rotation role as he gets older, but I have no idea. Ideally he gets a short extension, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

One for Kopstar.

1 Like

A rumour the infamous Indy was spreading around the same time.

Also who of our rivals have signed? Everyone is in the same position. Utd have had to cancel friendlies due to COVID so their pre-season hasn’t been the best and they have done the best recruitment so far.

2 Likes

Chelsea target Lukaku

GIF by Groundhog Day

1 Like

Last season didn’t start till 12th of September and transfer window didn’t shut till 5th of October.

Saw this the other day.
Arsenal can’t afford Abrahams at £40m so enquired about £77m Inter striker!

2 Likes

New contracts for Alisson, VVD, Fab, Robbo, Salah and Mane makes a lot of sense.

Firmino and Henderson to miss out on that? Also makes sense, on the premise that you don’t want all of them to go old in the team together, and the changes need to be phased in and out. It also makes sense as they are both replaceable.

Aouar for Bobby? I dunno, but options are there.
Bellingham for Henderson, in another year?

Lots of permutations, but I’m ok with the reported renewals, and who is missing out as it were. Ideally they add a one year extension so we retain value for a sale, but don’t lock ourselves down on a longer deal on improved terms, especially if the players start to become less productive and important to the team as it evolves in the next year or two.

Jota and Thiago came in on the 18th/19th of September.

2 Likes

The link says Arsenal are trying to swap a couple of players for him as they are already in talks with selling Bellerin to Inter.

If inter were open to that it may be more doable than the £40m for Tammy. However, it appears that Inter want only cash too.

Joyce on the Hendo contract situation.

The links with Atletico and Saul suggest there is something going on here…not clear exactly what though…

1 Like

@redfanman is that from the real Paul Joyce or one of those funny guys who pretend to be someone who knows things?

Virgil only 1 year younger than Hendo

I think it is the legit one but I haven’t seen elsewhere to confirm yet.

1 Like