The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think we need more creativity in the middle and potentially another forward maybe one who is for the future.

But I guess we see, for me it’s how these players improve the team, I think Man Utd have made improvements but some flaws remain and I’m still unsure how good they were last season (I suspect not as much as some would pretend).

As for Man City they are replacing some big players, even if certain players go they are just keeping them at that level.

3 Likes

Too much looking at opponents imo.

We do our thing.
Give us normal luck with injuries and decisions on the pitch and we’ll be in the title race for the important parts of the season.

We have stuff they can not buy. The manager. The mentality and the team spirit.

9 Likes

…and an Egyptian King

2 Likes

And our fans

7 Likes

Most would like to see a pile of world class signings,that is natural ,as you have to feel some buys the others make is to take that player off the table.
Clearly we don’t do that,and shouldn’t.
We will get what Klopp wants,hopefully,and that is down to Edwards of course.
We got a CB,we needed that,for me I would like to see a decent midfielder come in,mainly to cover injuries etc if I’m honest!
All that aside,just get Mbappe,!!!

1 Like

Let’s be honest here. I think we can all accept that fact that there will be no more playing coming in during this window.

I’ve accepted it and wasn’t expecting us to make another signing after Konate. I was hoping to see us strengthen with someone creative but anyways, can only hope for the best and no major injuries throughout the season.

The window is open for nearly another month. I’ve felt for a while that if we were to bring anyone else in, it would be late on. I still think we’ll bring in at least one other player before the deadline.

11 Likes

Well, if nobody else comes in it will be a fact we all have to accept and deal with. But I think this looks like a window where the club could be active pretty much all the way, or at least as long as it takes to sell the players we want/need to sell.

If the selling bit is as big as it seems to be, we’re not as much in control of the pace of incoming deals as we would be if that didn’t matter. So I’m thinking this could come down to deadline day, things may not be fully settled until then.

2 Likes

Why is this a fact? Thiago and Jota joined with less than three weeks of last summers window remaining.

Are you accepting that because City and Chelsea have brought no one in that no one will be arriving for them as a fact too?

8 Likes

I’m OK if we don’t. I think we have a great squad. However, I also think we are looking to do more deals before the end of the window.

1 Like

As others have mentioned earlier in this thread, I think we need to clear non-homegrown players to clear space on that list of seventeen.

I can’t see us signing any more English players who are not club-trained, as there aren’t many good enough to improve the squad and those few who are would be prohibitively expensive.

So we are probably waiting to get rid of the likes of Shaq, Div, Takumi and others so that we can bring in another overseas player or two.

6 Likes

I’ll never understand the desire amongst fans to write off situations before everything done.

Here are a few things fans have been ‘to be honest’ about

• that the Champions League was done after getting beat three nil away from home to Barca.

• That we wouldn’t be winning the league after signing only Sepp Van Den Berg and Harvey Elliot in the summer of 2019.

• That we wouldn’t be signing anyone other than Tsimikas last summer.

• That we wouldn’t bring in a defender in the January window

The only thing we can be honest about is that we don’t know what the club is planning. Personally, I think we’ll bring in another player, and I was leaning towards a midfielder around the age/profile of Camavinga, Neuhaus or Locatelli. But after seeing Harvey Elliot get his pre-season minutes there, combined with his strong Keita and Ox look, I honestly don’t know. We might do a forward instead?

6 Likes

Should be in other thread sorry.

Which actually means “Liverpool’s inability to shift Shaqiri and Origi prevented them from moving for Malen”

Mikey out!!! :rage:

Or something.

1 Like

I think everyone is waiting to the end of the window - hoping prices will fall for both selling and buying clubs.

I am sure we have a few irons in the fire both out and in and are waiting too.

Just my view.

3 Likes

Nothing will happen until we’ve offloaded at least 2 of Karius, Shaqiri, Origi or Minamino. Only then do we have the space to bring in a non-homegrown player and I can’t see any of those going until late in the window when potential buyers/loaners know we are desperate and can get the best deal. I am still bemused about Adrian’s new contract. Made little sense at the time and even less sense now.

If there are no further incomings then I won’t be happy with that and I don’t see how anyone else could be. Last season showed that our squad is showing signs of wear and tear. Poor JK aged about 10 years last season. He could do with a break from having to juggle from week to week. Having said that I’m confident at least one first team player will come in, ideally a midfielder, but it will be late in the window.

4 Likes

Incidentally, I made new player threads for this season yesterday and at one point I thought that I couldn’t be bothered with opening threads for players who I didn’t expect to be here come September 1st, so I merely shifted their old threads to new subforum. The list reads: Rhys, Minamino, Origi, Neco, Phillips and Shaqiri.

Bar Rhys, who might leave on loan, all the rest are available for permanent transfers and could fetch around 50 million pounds combined if they are sold (I honestly hope I haven’t jinxed their sales like I did last season). That said, if “only” Origi, Shaqiri and Phillips are sold to fund the transfer of another midfield or attacking player of, say, Konate’s calibre and potential, I’ll consider this window a successful one and moan later how we shouldn’t have strengthened that particular position but the other one instead. :slight_smile:

As a side note, I can’t say a thing about the wages but I think that in this scenario, club would actually make money on transfers in this window.

6 Likes

Furthermore, even if whomever we bring in is of the quality to be in our best 11, he would not be coming to fill an immediate need. As he’d then have time to bed in the loss of not having him early in pre-season is mitigated.

3 Likes

Karius must be in last year of deal? Must only be on a few quid a week. Wouldnt it be easier to pay his contract up so he can go.

2 Likes