The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yeah thats what you want - an inconsistent keeper.

You can only do that if he agrees to it.

Karius did OK from the January upto the Champions league final 15 clean sheets in 23 games.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Not wanted, but again, doesnā€™t make you crap

3 Likes

This Jonathan David?

ā€œI love all teams in the Premier League: Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, but also Southampton, Crystal Palace, Everton.

ā€œI like nice teams. Iā€™m just not a big fan of Liverpool.ā€

:thinking:

6 Likes

We should sign him and let him rot in the reserves

6 Likes

Or, even worse, let him sign for Everton

2 Likes

I think the quote means he isnā€™t just a big fan of usā€¦.but would be happy to play anywhere.

Otherwise itā€™s just really odd.

As for this quota, does that include the likes of Karius, who wonā€™t be registered.

1 Like

Non-homegrown (18): Alisson, Adrian, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Konate, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Jota, Karius, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi

Even if we do sell/donā€™t register Karius we would have to do so with another player to fit another non-homegrown player in.

1 Like

We would have absolutely no trouble loaning out Minamino and heā€™s under long term contract. We arenā€™t limited by this. Guys like Shaqiri and Origi may well be being fussy over which clubs theyā€™ll move to or looking at numbers here and thinking staying and competing for places may be in their best interests. Someone else coming in definitely ahead of them in the pecking order may be the straw that breaks the cammels back when it comes to resisting any move they can get.

1 Like

Or they might prefer to stay here, make the occasional appearance here and there and still end up with both Champions League and Premier League winnersā€™ medals to add to the collection next May.

Itā€™s that or struggle against relegation at Wolves/ West Ham/ Palace or wherever.

3 Likes

As soon as we go into any negotiation needing to get a player off the books for the quota weā€™re going to get fucked over, because the club weā€™re negotiating with knows weā€™re desperate.

To be honest, I think a reason why the interest around Shaq and Origi has been sluggish is because clubs know we need to move them on. Why would you give us ten million for either of them when there is a good chance weā€™ll get more desperate as the window ticks on?

That decision to give Adrian a new deal is looking increasingly barmy. We could have swapped him for Ben Foster at no cost and had a spare place on list. Weā€™d only be looking at shifting Karius to add another player.

This one has gotten pretty popular lately

Which suggests to me they have a plan in place ā€¦. Could just not register Keita, doesnā€™t seem much of a point most seasons.

Are we though I mean weā€™d all like to see a few upgrades come in but I donā€™t think were desperate to offload Shaq Origi etc they arent completely useless.

I think the club will be a little bit flexible with fees especially if the player makes it clear he wants to move on but I canā€™t see Edwards letting anyone low ball him heā€™a shown plenty of times he will play the long game even if it means holding on to a player an extra season

1 Like

I guess even if true that other clubs are betting on how desperate we are, we too are going to do similar too. There are plenty of clubs with very good players who are desperate to cash in now, clubs like Lille and the spanish clubs who are in debtsā€¦so I guess it goes both ways, I would think if, a BIG if, that if we are able to have zero cash outlay in terms of sales vs spend for the remaining players we want to sell vs those we want to buy, Edwards would trigger, regardless whether we believe we got the fair value or not.

4 Likes

Heā€™s going to be very disappointed this time next year.

3 Likes

What an ugly font.

7 Likes