The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I was thinking along more cynical lines - the media team told him what to say - make it look like he’s ready to play for LFC, not fighting to leave etc.

2 Likes

I think those lines are probably true anyway. He has said the club told him they will let him move, so the only remaining issue is whether a club he is willing to join will make an offer that both he and the club will accept.

2 Likes

Yeah - just interesting that the club chose to interview him at all - there are plenty of players that have not yet been interviewed on the offal.

2 Likes

:0)

3 Likes

Gut feel says that Phillips and Shaqiri will be gone by the weekend.

Origi may prove to be unflushable except on loan.

1 Like

From what little I’ve read, the indication is that Origi isn’t interested in accepting offers that have come in for his so far. If true, I don’t see why he would agree to a loan move?

1 Like

Stays on his current wage, gets to play more football, runs another year off his contract…I think it’s more likely he goes on loan than on a permanent at this stage.

2 Likes

Into the last year of his deal now, though, isn’t he? Is there any benefit to us of letting him go out on loan and then leave on a free?

1 Like

Is he? I expect we’ll have an option for another year?

From the BBC gossip.

Leicester City, Leeds United and Everton are competing for the signature of Real Madrid’s Spanish winger Marco Asensio, 25. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

If Asensio’s available, would anyone expect us to be interested?

3 Likes

Yeah, expires 2022 according to transfermarkt.

1 Like

Senator Warren Shrug GIF by Elizabeth Warren

1 Like

And if he plays more football then he might get into Belgium’s World Cup squad. Or not.

Anyway, he won’t be in the squad if just warms our bench. Maybe it’s not important to him.

No the less Madrid make from sales the less chance they have of singing Mbappe.

6 Likes

Thinking exactly the same. Even if we bring someone in and he’s out of the 17 non-homegrown players we can register I get the impression he wouldn’t be that fussed and would happily just carry on training and not playing.

Just seems odd he’d be happy to waste another year of his career here being barely a back up option. Clearly Klopp doesn’t have much faith in him any more.

1 Like

Origi has no ambition anymore. Does he even like playing football?
Someone is paying him a decent wage at a great club to run around a training pitch a few hours a week and sit on a bench or in the stands.
If he left he’d have to actually train (harder) and play. He cant be arsed. He’ll sit on this (crazy) deal we gave him.
He isnt going anywhere.

2 Likes

Here we go again, same old making up bullshit about a player’s supposed motivation…

9 Likes

Yep that’s what Im doing clearly.
I’m suggesting he doesn’t play much or really seem that bothered. He needs to move to play more but does he really want it?
I’m not making anything up. Surely a player wants to play but he’s hardly featured. Alisson scored more than him last season!

1 Like

Marca have apparently linked us with Bournemouth’s Arnaut Danjuma

Most likely nonsense but it’s another name if nothing else. I know literally zero about him. They reckon us and Villarreal are interested.

1 Like

It would be good if Origi gets back to his good old days which were few but very very crucial. His goals against Barca sealed the Champions League and will always have a soft corner even if he does nothing and run out his contract. This guy is a cult hero!!

2 Likes

A shop were you can buy windows?!? :wink: