The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Can you honestly see Klopp tolerating a player with that sort of attitude? I can’t, Origi would’ve been shipped out long before now.

13 Likes

It was a joke and he has hardly been worth having on the players list.

If his career has stalled then it’s his injuries and the dubious shit his agent came out with last season I really can no longer be bothered with him.

Yeah, YNWA and all that bollocks amirite?

1 Like

Yeah maybe he’ll try and sell him I mean we haven’t tried that window after window after window… oh wait… yes we actually have. Never mind.

Wolves have made a 10m bid for Origi Liverpool want 20m.

2 Likes

Does that include the window we gave him a new long term contract?

5 Likes

Which prompts another question. What does someone have to do to be a part of Liverpool FC and “never walk alone”? As soon as they’ve put the shirt on is that it? Because I damn sure ain’t supporting some players that have been on our books! Is Keita immersed into the culture of the club? I’m sorry but him and Minamino in particular just look like this is any other club to them. They could be at Roma, Valencia or Spurs and they wouldn’t be acting any different. Some players who come here just won’t ever fully dive in.

2 Likes

No but it includes the two windows either side of it.

1 Like

The least LFC can do for ORIGI…
Is let him decide for himself if he wants to ‘stick’ or ‘twist’…
If he decides to go, then at least let him find a good home…!
Will never ever forget that second goal against Barca… and the pure joy that ran through my veins when the net rippled from his shot…
The guy was a hero that night, and to me, he still remains so today!
LFC have enough money to let this scenario slip through the cracks… however it turns out, but once he has gone people, so has some of the history he was part of…!

2 Likes

So looking like Davies and Origi could be next out the door bringing in £15-20m between them.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Where is Origi rumoured to be going?

Take it and run.

7 Likes

Ultimately for better or worse this club is a business. A player does not necessarily need to be part of a managers plans for him to be offered a contract extension. We do it all the time with young players.

The contract was a low risk one, that largely benefited the club. In an accountants eyes Origi is a saleable asset.

The club gave him a short contract extension that provided optionality if he did kick on (and continue to contribute important goals). With any transfer likely to recover any cost in wages with probably 5-10M profit.

Given we spent 45M on Jota last summer and by most accounts seemingly looking to buy another forward this summer. It indicates where Origi is in our plans.

If he does sell for 20M as rumoured yesterday (to wolves) purely from a business perspective it was the right decision to offer him a contract, rather than to let him walk free.

1 Like

Wolves have been rumoured to put in a bid, Napoli also interested according to the Mirror.

3 Likes

Mikey will get us more than 10m :+1:

3 Likes

Origi has been at Liverpool for 7 years, he’s only played about 6500 minutes, for comparison Fabinho has been here 3 and played over 9000 minutes and Trent has clocked up over 14,000. People just need to accept Klopp doesn’t want to use him. And there’s no point having a player in the squad the manager doesn’t want to use. He’ll always play tired players ahead of him and sometimes other players he wants to use out of position instead.

3 Likes

Not the first time Div was linked with Wolves.

2 Likes

I’d take £10m in a heartbeat and blame it on the pandemic.

10 Likes

I think a lot of people are mistaking “not too fussed” with “doesn’t want”. Some players are just more easily replaceable than others. Except, the club’s valuation of some players doesn’t match with fans’ expectations so they’re tossing the toys out of the pram.

1 Like