The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Wouldn’t waste the time negotiating. It’s a modest fee for a modest player that’s fallen out of favour.

A few extra quid isn’t going to make much difference to our incoming business.

4 Likes

Ah, I’m not arsed getting into it anyway.

3 Likes

£10m? Is that all?

I’ll pay more than that- but only 50p a week in wages- to have him sit on my bench in the back garden all night and scare off the foxes.

Noisy bastards.

5 Likes

Its Wolves, Leicester have no need for him.

2 Likes

Every penny counts with Fsg, here we are talking about the possibility of getting another 4 or 5 million.

2 Likes

Which is a years wages for a potential signing.

3 Likes

Which is what, a couple of promising 16 year olds? A new official toothpaste partner? The sale of a couple youth teamers.

Last summer we’d have sold Nat Phillips for a couple million and a bag of chips. Now we’re hoping for £12m-£15m.

It’s swings and roundabouts. Don’t drag it out in the hope of a couple more quid if we can do it sharpish and get on with our window.

2 Likes

£10m would be good business for Origi.
Never getting 20m.

2 Likes

It’ll end up somewhere around £14m

2 Likes

Not many clubs let their players go for half the asking price, we have been brilliant at getting top fees for fringe players last few years and rightly so, just because some fans don’t want a certain player at the club he won’t be sold off cheap to satisfy them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He doesn’t have a player thread, but is there any chance that Critchley wants to take Woodburn back to Blackpool? @Sweeting?

He’s still with the first team in Évian but hasn’t been involved in any of the friendlies. Just a weird and unfortunate situation.

2 Likes

Got nothing to do with me not wanting him. It’s about making space in the squad for the players we do want and that will contribute.

If he was playing for Spurs and we heard they were asking £20m for him we’d be laughing at that valuation because it’s ridiculous. We’ve done this with Grujic and Wilson the past couple seasons and ended up with them hanging about for another year only to then sell them for less than we were asking the previous summer.

£20m plus matching his £60k a week wages is a big ask for pretty much any club that might be interested. I would much rather take a £10m offer and get the £60k a week freed up than be left looking to get him a loan or keep hold of a player who the manager seems to have lost faith in in the hope of squeezing a few more quid and delaying our incoming business.

5 Likes

We might as well keep any money we make this year and put it into a package for next years Mbappe free transfer. Huge signing bonus in order to cover for the “lost wages” due to the LFC wage structure.

Kane to MC this year.
Lukaku to Chelsea this year.
Halland to MU next year.

and then we just have to fight RM for the Mbappe.

2 Likes

Are you sure about this one? I highly doubt the son of a player who played for Leeds and City, who himself was born in Leeds and is a Leeds fan, is going to go to United.

3 Likes

and let’s not forget that a Man Utd player ended his father’s career… and the fans made him a hero for it.

7 Likes

Opie-looking dead-eye Todd has no emotions.

1 Like

Even though he didn’t.

I’ve seen rumours linking him to a bunch of Championship and League One clubs but nothing concrete yet. He’s technically a first team player - hence why he’s stayed with the squad in Evian - but chances of him ever playing a competitive game again are pretty much zero.

I hope he can get a good permanent move to the Championship. QPR are apparently interested but Blackpool/Critchley would likely be a good move also.

2 Likes

…and quick before Wolves change their minds!

3 Likes

This new name, Arnaut Danjuma linked to us seems like a good prospect at 24. Similar age to Jota when we bought him last season? Seems to be quite similar in style too, in terms of good speed and pretty direct when attacking. Although he did not perform really well in his short time in the PL level with Bournemouth, he was very clinical in the Championship last season. Otherwise would not know much about him. At 20m touted, seems like a rabbit out of the hat kind of signing if we are truly interested in him.

1 Like