The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Villa spending the Grealish money wisely and putting together a decent squad.

We had a 20% sell on clause for Ings, apparently.

5 Likes

Letā€™s hope that doesnā€™t continue and they blow a load on Shaqiri and Origi at least.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s Ā£5m quid in the kitty.

1 Like

I mean that could still be really wise spending for a team of that level. Villa if youā€™re reading this at least Ā£30m each thanks!

1 Like

Now donā€™t be greedy. Just Origi would do.

2 Likes

Or Southampton, now flush with Ā£24m in cash, need at least one and perhaps even two strikersā€¦

1 Like

Villa and Southampton in a bidding war over Origiā€¦

Dog Dreaming GIF

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1422986817662504966?s=19

2 Likes

Bloody, fucking, crazy :rage:
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-prepare-new-lukaku-bid-of-up-to-130m/1hcl9iguzesdo1f57yrj7ggl1h

Chelsea prepare new Lukaku bid of up to ā‚¬130m

Who will they turn to if he doesnā€™t work out for them then? First they cast Abraham aside for Werner, now theyā€™re doing the same to Werner for Lukakuā€¦

They were mildly likeable during the transfer ban era, when they had to resort to actually developing some of the ridiculous talent they have available, but nowā€¦ Wonā€™t be surprised to see them struggling to make 4th again this season.

1 Like

If Villa and Southampton between them could kindly relieve us of Neco, Davies, Shaqiri, Phillips and Origi for a combined (discounted) Ā£70m that would be great to think that City will then have indirectly funded the remaining part of our squad strengthening.

1 Like

Greedy, greedyā€¦

I will take Ā£35m for Ben, Div, and Xak. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This sort of thing is exactly what it takes and whatā€™s weā€™ve needed.

All of a sudden Villa and Southampton have cash and a need for players. Whether itā€™s them or the teams they buy off, all of a sudden people need attacking players and weā€™ve got some decent ones we donā€™t want.

There hasnā€™t been a move to kick start a proper chain yet really so this is good news for anyone getting nervous about us not doing business.

3 Likes

They love buying back their rejects back at quadruple the price

1 Like

So that is Mbappeā€™s left bootlace paid for

#ItsHappening

Like always Iā€™m glad that City, ManU and Chelsea sign their targets for big money.

Lukaku to Chelsea. Grealish and Kane to City. Sancho, Varane and Saul to ManU. Let it happen.

Not for one second do I believe weā€™ll fall behind.

1 Like

Next season is when we do the main businessā€¦
Mbappe, Haaland + Bellingham :+1:

4 Likes

For some reason Iā€™m getting some shitty Chelsea FC ads on my FB where they are comparing Unitedā€™s massive spend in defence to the ā€˜cheapā€™ or ā€˜freeā€™ signings of Silva and azpi etc as if they are a club above making such signings themselves. 1000ā€™s of plastics laughing at United.

Before I was just hoping the ads would piss off but now Iā€™m interested to see how the potential Lukaku signing will be spun.

Itā€™s a lot of money. And itā€™s fairly ridiculous given how Chelsea treated him previously, but I do think Rom is possibly the most under rated player in world football. Heā€™s got a good scoring record everywhere heā€™s gone, but heā€™s also a good team player and could see him bringing the best out of players like Havertz, Werner or Pulisic or whomever they decide to put in and around him.

1 Like

His record is good, no doubt, and heā€™s been coveted by all the top clubs, but whenever Iā€™ve seen him, which is mostly for Belgium, heā€™s been clumsy and ineffective.
Obviously I have been unlucky.