The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Transfer fees = £30m, £75m, £65m, and now £130m. He’s hardly underrated!!

1 Like

wow, there’s a LOT of Origi haters on here. which suprises the shit out of me, as we loaned him out twice and he still managed to earn his way into the squad.

For those who have forgotten how much of an impact player he can be, please make note of the specific matches highlighted here:

10M? I don’t think so.

6 Likes

Now share his 2019/20 and 2020/21 highlight montages…

10 Likes

Fair point, but that’s what I was talking about Maybe a clearer way to have expressed it would be how big a difference there is in how decision makers at big clubs view him and how fans tend to.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re capable.

2 Likes

I do agree that he is top drawer. While he can look overweight and clumsy, at other times he looks superhuman. I’d have him at Liverpool in a heartbeat

1 Like

I never was an Origi hater until last year.

There was a game versus Atalanta, the main LFC team was all banged up and there was many upcoming games in very short time. They needed fresh legs.

Origi had not played in over a month and I would assume he was not injured. He got the start. I was expecting a player that would give it all he got and press like a mad man considering he was fresh, he was just in to rotate the first team and he could prove himself to Klopp that he should play more.

Instead he had the worst game of a LFC player that I have probably witnessed. Lazy, no support, not even running, providing absolutely zero, he was so awful that I assumed he was doing it on purpose. He had not played in over a month!! It’s the CL against the best team in the group and he was pitiful. At that point, my mind was set the guy does not care at all, he does not want to be a difference maker… he seemed content to collect his paycheck and not caring at all about his professional football career. It’s not like he is 30+ years old too. He had no excuse and it is painfully obvious that he is a waste of money and space for more hungry/determined player. I would not even want him near the first team to be honest… it was such a shame.

10 Likes

More filler than in an Essex girls face.

Just for the record, I don’t hate Origi and I’d only be disappointed that he was still here if that meant we couldn’t get another option in.

Seems like a great guy, scored some memorable goals but I feel the time has come where a move makes sense for both parties.

7 Likes

He’s been a 1-in-5 goalscorer everywhere in his career. He’s simply not that good.

1 Like

That may be true on the surface, but a lot of his appearances have come as a substitute. If we look at his goal contributions per 90 minutes, he has scored 19 times and assisted 9 times in the Premier League from 3379 minutes, which arrives at around 121 minutes per goal/assist. Even if you take just goals, it’s 178 minutes per goal, which isn’t too shabby.

In contrast, a focal point for his team, Harry Kane has had 100 minutes per goal/assist (166 goals and 38 assists in 20311 minutes), or more specifically 122.4 minutes per goals scored. Mohamed Salah for us, has had 95 goals and 36 assists in 12151 minutes, for 127.9 minutes per goal, and 92.8 minutes per goal contribution. Those are probably the benchmark for elite numbers, I’m not sure anyone would disagree.

Meanwhile, Sadio Mané has had 74 goals and 32 assists for us in 11174 minutes, for 151 minutes per goal, or 105.4 per goal contribution. Again, not too shabby. What about Firmino? 66 goals and 47 assists in 16305 minutes yields 247 minutes per goal, and 144 minutes per goal contribution. Yet Origi is supposed to be much worse than that?

1 Like

The thing is that anyone can use certain stats in a manner to support or tart up their opinion/point of view.
It does not reflect the opposition, the situation and the fact that when he comes on, the opposition may be tired after trying to look after Salah, etc.
Origi, will live in Anfield folklore and I am happy for that, but trying to support a reason for keeping him, holding our for more is in my opinion wrong.
On the basis of my own two eyes, Origi is a bench warmer at best for us and even then I say it with hesitation. He has provided many a good memory over the last few years of his career which I would like to remember him for, rather than the lack lustre, poor game intelligence and relatively cumbersome performances he often puts in.
If someone offered me £10m plus a %clause of somekind I would bite their hands off!!

6 Likes

Terrible tackle on Fofana in a friendly, on a side note, even if it is a friendly, such atrocious tackles should be punished into the regular season.

But I am just thinking with Fofana should be out for a period of time, would Leicester be looking for a value for money solution? Like Nat or Davies?

4 Likes

More like Schalke coming in to offer Ozan Kabak to Leicester for pennies…

2 Likes

difference is, some players are not a 90-min type of player. They’re exactly that, a filler. Great example was Chicharito for ManU a few years back. Impact sub.

Divock has made a decent career here coming off the bench, and oddly enough on both instances in that highlight reel against WORLD CLASS competition he’s managed to score some excellent goals.

1 Like

I would be disappointed if we would actually use the word hate on Origi. I would understand if from a very objective point of view, that as a player, he would be of little value to us on field and that he would do better with a fresh challenge. Its not as if he had done something of disrespect to the club, so to use the word ‘hate’ would be quite disappointing to myself.

9 Likes

If you take emotion out of it,
Origi is far below the standard required. I’ve never felt he was a threat tbh.

Having said that, I love that big Belgian bastard. When we finally sell him we will all look back fondly on his time here. Probably a player we will misremember as being better than he actually was.

Maybe kind of like how I remember maxi/ meireles?

1 Like

Schalke has been so unfairly treated. :rage:

1 Like

Hate is a strong word. As most here say he’s been disappointing and doesnt seem to have much ambition.
Even with an injury crisis last season he hardly featured so I’ve no idea why he wouldn’t want to move and play.

3 Likes

In fairness last season he mostly came on to give Mane a rest for a few minutes near the end of games, but Liverpool fans who come on a Liverpool forum and say they hate him is embarrassing just shows how fickle some of us are. YNWA.

5 Likes

Nobody hates Origi on here, there’s just a good number who think it’s time, and better for everyone, if he moves on.
I was a big fan of Origi when he arrived and in some way his addition to the squad paid off. Yet when you look at his playing time, particularly last season, where is the arguement that he should stay?

4 Likes