The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hate to play the wannabe mod but can the discussions about current players be moved to the player or squad threads.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootyRustling/status/1423030054574043141

3 Likes

Something needs to be done here to deter other such tackles…

I had heard about this on Talkshite this morning and they said it was a very disturbing tackle, but that is such an understatement.

Best of luck in your recovery Wesley

1 Like

Last season i remember an everton player taking out Thiago and injuring him in the process, similar to what pickford did to Van Dijk.

1 Like

That indeed was a horrible game from him, don’t hate him though, just think we can do better or at least a fresh face.

BBC reporting it’s a broken leg, fibula fracture.

Madness anytime, but particularly in a meaningless preseason friendly.

2 Likes

Disgusting tackle, I presume he was sent off?

1 Like

Hardly matters in a friendly. He should get a three month ban at least.

2 Likes

Potter apparently not happy at all with the Ings transfer.

Origi to Southampton gaining traction. We need a bidding war if we want 20m

3 Likes

What’s it got to do with him?

Trouble at Hogwarts

2 Likes

Dont really want to lose a 20 goals a season striker before a war with the dark lord.

1 Like

I get the Harry Potter references but Potter manages Brighton? I’m confused.

1 Like

Maybe he was expecting Brighton to sign him? They’ve been trying to bring in a forward this summer and have already been jilted once…

2 Likes

The urge to join in with the Harry Potter gags is high as my wife loves the books. She’s been trying to get me to read them for over 6 years now, and even went as far as giving me a copy of the audiobooks on CD to listen to in the car - no idea where they ended up!

Re Potter (Brighton gaffer), I assume he had his eye on Ings, and Ings was showing interest, before Villa side swiped them. Picking Brighton over Villa would be a mistake for Ings in any case.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Someone should tell him about this guy called Divock Origi. Scored the winner in the Champions League final, great record on the South Coast, about to hit his peak years. Cheap at £25m.

8 Likes

Yes, I’m not sure I see Ings moving to Brighton. They’re not as close to Villa to breaking top 6, and probably operate on a smaller budget than Southampton - although Brighton might climb the table quite quickly with a decent striker on board.

1 Like

Ings was born in Winchester… Only 50miles from Brighton
Maybe Potter was hoping that could sway the move

1 Like