The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

@TheMaestro probably meant hassenhuttl? Dunno :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sorry, Dean Smith.

Apparently he told the AV Board he wanted signings, not sign-Ings…:roll_eyes:

The waiting is getting to me…

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

5 Likes

That was a good one :smiley:

Now can we please have a bidding war between Southampton and Brighton over Origi.

Loser gets Minamino for half the price of Origi…

2 Likes

Not really new news, but SSN reporting the following;

Liverpool won’t allow Xherdan Shaqiri to leave the club for free this transfer window.

Sevilla, Villarreal and Napoli have all been linked with a move for the Swiss international, who looks certain to move on.

Liverpool are adamant they want around 15m euros (ÂŁ12.75m) for the player who has two years left on his Anfield contract.

2 Likes

What an odd statement for them to make - why would anyone think we would let him go on a free this window?

11 Likes

It’s because of an article doing the rounds yesterday form the Italian media that said we would let him go to Lazio for “almost zero”. Most presumed it was a mis-translation and just meant a cheap price. Others were fuming about him going for free. They’re always fuming.

2 Likes

Tbf, most of the number will be zeroes. Seven of them with only the number 2 at the beginning.

7 Likes

Nobody is going to pay 25m for Minamino

3 Likes

No he wasn’t, he went on to score later in the match.
Don’t think he was even booked.

This post just reeks of “how dare you try to change someone else’s opinions they’ve formed with their own two eyes with solid facts”.

Nothing to do with the fact that I was merely pointing out that his ratio looks terrible because of the substitute appearances. In fact, if you think about it (as opposed to just “feel”), having that ratio as a substitute is actually pretty good, and pretty much what we want from a player who is not going to displace any of the starters.

It’s almost as though many in this forum, simply treats players who have indeed contributed significant amounts to our success as absolute toxic waste we need to dispose of immediately just because they’re not the hottest new toy. I can’t imagine what’s going to happen to Firmino in a couple of years time. Calling our own players lazy and unmotivated despite the documented history of them having forced their way back into contention through sheer hard work and drive.

It’s almost like You’ll Never Walk Alone only matters if you’re the hot new toy to some.

3 Likes

Strong ties with the club perhaps? Ambition perhaps? I think if he was going to leave this easily he wouldn’t have bothered trying to fight for his place in 2018, and would have just left the club then.

1 Like

As it’s a day for stupid statements, I may as well join in.

PSG won’t allow M’Bappe to join Liverpool for free this summer.

How’s that for stupid?

1 Like

On the Fofana tackle, it’s a serious problem. It wasn’t so long ago that Larouci’s leg got snapped in two during a friendly against Sevilla.

3 Likes

To be honest, given the way the PSG ownership seems to operate, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was “free”.

1 Like

Mbappe denies to join Liverpool on a free transfer as the number 7 jersey is not available.

1 Like

Mbappe refuses to take the number 7 from James Milner as he has always idolised Milner. He has chosen the number 77 instead in a homage to Milner, and will play for Liverpool for free as long as James Milner is still in the team.

I see what you did there. :grin:

1 Like

Contrarian statement incoming - I don’t see THAT much wrong with the Fofana tackle. It is far closer to unlucky than nasty to me and think its an example of people overracting to the outcome than the action. I have far more problem with a dangerous tackle that the opponent walks away from than from a tackle where the ball is taken cleanly but the player ends up hurt. The challenge from Loftus-Cheek that has put Partey out of action was far worse

4 Likes