The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

And not a season when him and two of our 4 attackers would be off to the AFCON which could yet include quarantine periods etc. so might lead to a few games missed yet.

Anyone know what happened to Shaqiri to Lyon transfer.?

2 Likes

So is the money on Jarrod Bowen, given that heā€™s not from an African country?

I think heā€™d be far to expensive for anything heā€™d offer.

3 Likes

The rumours are that Lyon are trying move on Cornett - he was lined up to move to Burnley but he wants to go to Hertha Berlin so its stalled - before buying Shaqiri

1 Like

Correct they would want 40 or something ridiculous

Heā€™s a solid player with potential but he would ultimately be 5 inline to play one of the front 3 positions.

Would rather keep Shaq and Origi tbh.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t want to play left back instead of Cornet. :joy:

3 Likes

Not an expert on the player so will accept the common consensus that heā€™d be an improved match on what we need as a player. But on price either;

A; Heā€™ll cost a lot more than that because heā€™s under long term contract (I think), they donā€™t need money, theyā€™re actually looking to compete, heā€™s young and weā€™ve a reputation as talent spotters that stops anyone looking to sell to us stop and think about what they actually own.

B; Heā€™ll cost that much despite the above. Which makes you worried about why West Ham would value him at that despite our great reputation, what would they know that we donā€™t?

At that price heā€™s probably not worth it to us, also at his current performance levels heā€™s miles off being a likely challenger for significant playing time here/future starter role. If thereā€™s potential for Klopp magic and everything is good with him Heā€™ll cost double, easily, over a comparable deal from abroad.

Isnā€™t Bowen similar to the Oxā€¦ If so what is that telling us

1 Like

Sounds like Tchoumani has just turned down United.

This is the sort of petty ā€œweā€™re not interestedā€ statement we used to put out just before a player we wanted moved somewhere else. Whilst I admire the pettiness, Iā€™m glad we no longer have much cause to do so.

Allows me to laugh at United.

8 Likes

Didnā€™t Fabinho do the same?..

A DM from Monaco turning down to Utdā€¦ Leads toā€¦

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll sell Maddison to Arsenal for Ā£50m and laugh their cocks off doing it.

4 Likes

If all of this inaction is in anticipation of dropping 75M on Haaland next season, then I can dig it.

3 Likes

Tchouameni broken hearts in the world. But rumors suggest Ole is gonna try again. I wonā€™t give up the fight for you!

5 Likes

Not sure if I should feel happy or sad that I get these references.

4 Likes

Brilliant :clap: :joy:

At least now I know how to pronounce his name! Cheers!

2 Likes

Approve South Park GIF

1 Like

As far as theories goes this is a fun one and pretty well thought outā€¦ Iā€™m inā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t mind any rumour as long as itā€™s based in reality. For me Mbappe/Sancho rumours for the last few years have been unrealistic because of their price and the status of our current front 3, but we have reached the point where succession planning is important to consider.

While all 3 could play on for the next 3 seasons, iā€™m not sure all 3 would do so at the same level and for the same amount of games, and we probably donā€™t want to be replacing all 3 in one go.

While his clause is still a big fee, If you can afford it because youā€™ve kept your powder dry for a while, for a player of his quality, I think we would do it and hopefully get a decent fee for whichever forward leaves (perhaps Bobby).

I honestly donā€™t think itā€™s beyond the realms of possibilty to pick up Haaland and Mbappe next year, though I also donā€™t think itā€™s likely.

6 Likes