The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Ah yeah I forgot about Jones, still sounds a little made up.

I like Woodburn by the way I may come across as I don’t.

2 Likes

Or, Emerson slots in at left back and Cornet moves back into midfield negating the need for Shaq entirely.

Saying that, half the Lyon squad seems to be available for sale including Aouar and Cherki so there are a few possibilities for them raising funds and needing holes filled.

2 Likes

Is he? Sorry, I hadn’t seen - that would be great news!

2 Likes

Yeah i think he probably would have played against Norwich (if left down to him),it was only that the concussion protocols mean’t he had to sit out that game,apparently he was allowed back training on sunday,so unless he’s had another knock in training he should be available for tomorrows game.

4 Likes

Jones is back yes, played and scored in the Villa friendly.

4 Likes

Yes he played and scored in last weekends behind closed doors game.

1 Like

Oh yeah was concussion, he might be in line all things considered. Depends what plan he has for Hendo and Thiago.

With Naby and Ox fit and Jones returning we can ease them back in slowly

1 Like

Tô be honest I didn’t think much of that midfield until Fabinho came on, though Curtis may give it some energy.

1 Like

Naby, Millie and AOC?
They did a job and controlled the match. Millie put in a real shift imo and AOC was ok in a role noone would say he fits.

It did look better yet it was whilst he was on that Norwich had moments where they looked dangerous.

Love this guy!

1 Like

They probably had more chances because they had to force it a bit more, the through ball was more dangerous until Fabinho came on, they created more but they had to go forward at 2-0, left gaps for us

To be fair what they offered was very little.

Anyhow wrong thread.

I suppose the window closes late August, I can’t see anyone now tbh.

1 Like

Highly unlikely for mine

We wouldnt risk weakening the squad now I think letting anyone leave and we wont see an incoming with out a few outgoings

Perhaps someone like Nat given we have 4 very good options in front of him but its getting a bit late to find replacements if that ground work hasnt already been done so think Origi stays now Shaq may still go and we use Minamino and a few kids to cover his minutes.

Fair few late loan deals will also go through you’d think

I think there is still space to let players go without incoming replacements. Like you said Nat could be one now Konate is here. It was a toss up last season between Origi and Minamino as to who went out on loan, and Shaq can probably have his minutes covered by players here.

I would think though they work on replacements right down to the wire if people do leave.

3 Likes

Can see Shaq leaving still. His role can be covered by Harvey. Otherwise it doesn’t look like anything will happen.

1 Like

I don’t think letting Nat or Rhys Williams (loan) leave weakens us or 2 from Shaqiri, Origi, Minamino and Ox.

I also don’t think there is any chance we haven’t done the groundwork on multiple possible deals. We have to be prepared for any of our players who don’t regularly start to come to Klopp and ask to be allowed to move on. There were strong rumours on Neco Williams so there’s probably at least 3 or 4 young or veteran RBs out there that we know what a loan or purchase would take along with what kind of wages. We probably have huge stacks of reports on CBs along with knowing the ins and outs concerning loads of different style CMs.

At the moment it seems all of Ox, Matip, Keita are staying and looking real good as options, we just need to hope they stay fit and, in Ox and Keitas cases, earn contract extensions as they’re in their last two years.

2 Likes

I don’t trust Joe Matip not to get injured again this season. I’m a big fan of the player, but his history of injuries is well documented. I have more cautious optimism about Gomez and Van Dijk, but they suffered severe injuries and I’d like them to work them back into the picture in a protective and measured manner. Konate’s injury record is not exactly spot free either. And I do not want to move Fab away from the number 6.

So, I would not be opposed to keeping Nat here as cover. But I also understand his desire to pursue a starting job elsewhere.

1 Like

That line up confirms to me they aren’t far off being sold.

It would also confirm we would probably end up replacing them, two goalies with only two injuries is odd.

1 Like

I don’t think his injury record is that bad? It’s just that he’s had lots of impact injuries isn’t it? I think last season he started it already carrying an injury (according to the manager) and still managed to persist until half the season was over, and he needed to have surgery.

1 Like

Didn’t someone say it was likely to have been a last-minute swap in for Milner?

Either way, I’m not sure we would expect to see any of those four regularly on the bench if everyone was fully fit. They are good players, but they are rightly the level we’d want to have as the players on the fringe. That is the standard of our squad, and it makes of mockery out of all the doom and gloom over our lack of transfers.

Right Elliott has convinced me, close the thread.

10 Likes