The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Joe “I Fought or I Fink” Cole…
How annoying is this guys speech for a TV presenting job.!

1 Like

Aha, got you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And where is this source? I’m very hesitant to take anything as reported with regards to wages for our players. It should have been clear for some time now that journalists have absolutely no clue about the internal details of our club, and long may it continue that way.

1 Like

Well that puts Shaqiri at 69k/w and Origi at 57k/w, sounds plausible; but like you said, lots of people are pretending to know a lot of things.

1 Like

It’s just such an odd stance.

Last season we started short at centre back and then lost the three senior lads. So we’ve gone out and bought one of the best young centre backs in Europe. We’ve addressed a huge weakness but apparently that one purchase isn’t enough.

Sure, we haven’t replaced Gini directly but we’ve got a lot of CM options and we’ve just seen what Elliott can do against one of the grimmest opponents in the league.

Meanwhile, City have bought yet another attacking mid but haven’t got a forward in to replace Aguero. Chelsea spent huge on Lukaku but that means one of Werner or Havertz who they spent a fortune on last summer will be marginalised.

Spurs are a mess and quite frankly the players they’ve bought don’t get near our team. And we’ve yet to see what happens with Kane. Arsenal are spending without improving. Everton are working on frees and players on the cheap.

United have done good business, can’t question that but do either of the players make our first team, probably not.

So despite most clubs doing limited business, we’re the only ones being questioned if we’ve done enough. No place in the squad today for Neco Williams, Nat Phillips, Milner, Fabinho, Ox, Shaq or Origi. How many players do they want us to have? Who are we buying that goes straight into that side?

4 Likes

The issue with bringing a midfielder in is that that they have to be clearly better than Jones and Elliott - which looks to be a pretty high level at the moment

Or the have to be a younger talent to develop in the future, which basically means a youth player fans won’t care that we’ve signed.

I’m all for bringing in new talent, but why would the club spend huge money for someone with a slim chance of playing.

4 Likes

Like the look of Bissouma. He’s a leader. Reminds me of VVD, constantly shouting and directing teammates

5 Likes

With increased minutes to Elliot and Jones , i think that’s the Gini equation sorted.

3 Likes

€250M on top of transfer fee and his wages for Haaland??
Let him go to Madrid or United at that cost… this is the cost of a brand new stadium for a club.

2 Likes

I might be exaggerating slightly….

He was absolute class today.

1 Like

Shaq is not even training with the team anymore, at least I don’t see him

1 Like

You do realise that calling for posters to be banned gets you a bunch of flowers and case of (rather nice) wine from the site team? Lovely folks they are :wink:

Lfc will never sign a Haaland or mbappe. Its not what they do.
They sign players just under that level and make them that level.

2 Likes

So I’m living in a parellel world where VVD and Becker play for LFC, who is in ‘our’ lineup in your world?

2 Likes

Neither of them, when we signed them, were even close to the global profile or an Mbappe or Haaland. Nowhere near.
Thiago is a better example.

And the rest of the squad is littered with examples of what the previous poster was talking about. Mane, Salah, firmino, Jota are the best ones.

2 Likes

So we paid lots of dosh for what?

Alisson was surely the 2nd most highly rated Goalkeeper at the time, just shy of Oblak?

1 Like

I remember being desperate at one point because I was convinced Alisson was on his way to Real Madrid. He wasn’t of the highest profile at that moment, I think he was Brazil’s no. 2 and Roma was/is hardly a top team, but Real Madrid usually get who they want.

That said, his and Van Dijk’s best and most consistent performance happened/is happening at Liverpool, this is where they truly became world class in my opinion. Same goes for every big transfer Liverpool made under Klopp, with the exception of Alcantara.

6 Likes

[quote=“Nikola, post:7421, topic:51, full:true”]

I remember being desperate at one point because I was convinced Alisson was on his way to Real Madrid. He wasn’t of the highest profile at that moment, I think he was Brazil’s no. 2 and Roma was/is hardly a top team, but Real Madrid usually get who they want.

Real Madrid lost interest in Alisson on the night we put 5 past him :wink: