The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I have to say that I expected it to happen a lot sooner but we’re now nearly at the £50m I was told that the club wanted in sales before bringing in anyone else. I don’t see Phillips being sold now that Davies has gone out on loan, which is probably a bit of a shame but if the club feel confident in Virgil and Joe’s recoveries then maybe they’ll countenance it.

Origi and/or Minamino the likely outs now and I’m surprised that Ojo’s still here.

5 Likes

Haaland, yes for at least 4 reasons. Transfer fee (even next year), signing on fee, enormous agent fee, ridiculous wages (because of agent), and not really that much of a boost in marketing (reality these days for star players).

Mbappe, agent ok, fee 0, signing fee or wages high (most likely signing fee), marketability huge. I still don’t think we will get him.

3 Likes

Elliott is Shaqiri replacement and probably offers more to the team.

2 Likes

I think maybe it’s more important for fans than for Klopp, Origi himself or anyone at the club :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But yes, I see your point. The article doesn’t say anything more concrete about him, by the way, only that they’re “open to offers”.

It also says Nat Phillips could leave, and they’re looking to sell Karius and Ojo.

3 Likes

My hope for Philips is Southampton may become interested Ralph said they were looking at centre backs.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a weird case. He played regularly last season and I expected some Championship club to snap him up early in the window.

2 Likes

I think players like Ojo go late in the window as there isn’t strong enough interest in him to motivate clubs to get him in early. Also, I think the delay may be on our side - perhaps looking for a permanent deal, only loaning out once that looks unlikely.

I think this season championship clubs have even less money available to spend - as i don’t think I have seen them do much business at all yet.

1 Like

Absolutely. Him and Fowler were on paper the best strike force around. Colymore made everything seem effortless. What a player he should have been for us and also his country.

3 Likes

Not relocating from Cannock was his biggest mistake.

https://twitter.com/Biggies_MaIIs/status/1429549598566199305?s=20

8 Likes

With Mbappe on a free and Haaland release clause set to kick in at 65m then I’d expect us tk be in for at least one of those

1 Like

Release will be 65m in one payment (most likely demanded by Dortmund). Not including the fee that the agent requires (Raiola), not to mention the disruption he causes when pushing for a new contract or transfer (eg Pogba). I can confidently predict that there is zero chance we sign him (unfortunately). We might make an inquiry just to be polite.

I do however suspect that we are clearing wages and stocking up on transfer fees in order to make a competitive run at Mbappe if he is a free agent. Milner will be out of contract, Shaq is essentially gone, Karius gone iirc (contract expires next year, 0 chance of extension).

1 Like

And the number 7 shirt will be free. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you Shaq. Top pointing. Top calf muscles. Nice goals against Man Utd. Some other memorable things in a red shirt, including playing your part in the epic Barcelona game. Earned enough money to buy new hair too.

Good luck. Quality player, but not right to keep around as a bit part player, especially with the likes of Elliott coming through.

Good move all round.

17 Likes

The agent isn’t the reason they will get huge wages. They’ll get huge wages because teams look at them and decide they’re worth huge wages. Agents just make sure that value is maximized.

2 Likes

Excellent summary. Glad you mentioned the calves, they deserve to be appreciated, only Jack Grealish comes close. Magnificent.

9 Likes

Milner, Shaqiri, and Karius combined will probably free up around £10 millions. Don’t think that will be adequate for Mbappé.

Also, the host of extentions we are forking out will cost a decent fortune too.

2 Likes

Good move for Shaq

Defo a player I liked and one I thought would have more impact here but injuries really kept him to a bit part role which is a shame.

We have Elliott to comfortable handle his minutes so looks a good move all round

Wish him the best

2 Likes

Playing backup and learning from a world class player like Elliott will see him become a great talent in years to come :rofl:

So Camavinga? Even as a moneyball transfer it’s a no brainer for €35m. He’s also brilliant!

6 Likes