The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

fear for one’s safety and that of their family can make people do some very strange things

1 Like

I’d love for mbappe to be brave enough to force the issue and call them out and mention threats if he feels intimidated. We need these oil thugs out of the game, one way or another.

3 Likes

That tweet means PSG is willing to sell by extracting whatever last debt financed dollar from Real. Rightly so, hopefully Real will be the next Barca.

2 Likes

Are PSG not Qatar? So Gas thugs?

1 Like

Hydrocarbon thugs! :wink:

2 Likes

That’s covers it! Cheating thugs.

I’ve finally found you…

If Madrid have really bid 150m euros for someone with 1 year left on their contract does that mean they don’t think he’d sign for them next Summer? Might mean we actually do have a chance! Him on a free next year and Haaland with his buy out clause as well would be something to look forward to. Can’t see it myself but it’s nice to dream…

3 Likes

Curious… how can Barcelona not register players… but real can bid 150 mil? Is Barca that much worse financially?

Chelsea are wankers as we all know but im not suprised they baulked as this (if true)

This kind of agent is a cancer in the game that needs to be rid of.

4 Likes

Clearly PSG think that Mbappé’s family is worth a much higher ransom fee.

1 Like

Yes, most likely from borrowing more money. I’m a little surprised they are moving now instead of next summer - there must be more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of, but I always got the impression that Real Madrid is a cash generating monster.

From looking at the update on the Real Madrid website and Transfermarkt, they have reduced net debt on the playing side to about 45m euros, (I think they hold approximately 125m in cash) with about 360m available through various credit facilities. Last summer they raised about about 91m from sales and didnt bring any new players in and this year 71m with Alaba in on a ‘free’. There may be more that can go out this summer either permanently or on loan?

They have some big earners dropping off the wage bill next summer (Marcelo, Modric, Bale and Benrahma) unless they give out new contracts that may help them solidify their finances

3 Likes

Did not buy expensive players for the last two years (since Hazard arrived) and were able to sell

Reguilon €30m
Hakimi €41m
Odegaard €35m
Varane €40m

1 Like

Yeah, that probably covers the Russian too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@redfanman Benzema’s contract was recently extended until 2023. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do the same with Modric, if they can afford it obviously. He’s still pretty awesome.

1 Like

Perez claiming football is fucked without the European Super League now offering £140m for a player in the last year of his contract.

Is there a more odious man in football?

It’s a sad reflection on the game that actually there probably is.

What a cunt.

9 Likes

What we need to remember in all the hype surrounding the RM interest…
Bidding for Mbappe and actually paying for him are two completely different scenarios…!
IF PSG are flush with money… and RM have none, they might be after getting him on the never never… with extortionate interest rates each season… They won’t care if he eventually costs them £300mil… They may have calculated to re-coup this extra season by season on shirt sales alone…!
As Mascot says above… if Mbappe wants to become the GOAT, he needs the tactical nous and wisdom of one Jurgen Norbert Kloppo

1 Like

I would add that we have seen a number of cases over the last decade where Real Madrid have gone through the motions on spending big for a player but not gone through with it (De Gea at Utd and Alisson are two that spring immediately to mind.). It is entirely possible they know PSG will be unlikely to accept any bid at all, so are just pretending.

The fact that both Lewandowski and Ronaldo seem to have been linked with PSG suggests there has been something brewing here for a while.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Ronaldo to Citeh? Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

1 Like