The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

No it wouldn’t, it’d be fucking nauseating

11 Likes

Not sure Mbappe will want to hang about at PSG this season with their toxic fanbase turning against him… Ya can just hear Michael Edwards pleading with him though, to hang in there for another season until you cost us nothing…! ;0)

1 Like

FIFY

3 Likes

Thats true. There could be an element of player demand driving this bid from Real, similar to the Coutinho situation. They may have been content to step in for him in January, but the player has asked they bid now.

1 Like

I’m more interested in where Real Madrid are getting it from, given they’re a billion euros in debt.

They’ve fucked themselves if PSG turn them down though because whoever they may want to sign this transfer window knows that they can find £130+million down the back of the sofa.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if they are simply giving two fingers to Barca while trying to project financial strength to the footballing world. A bit John Wick…

im back keanu reeves GIF

Gini and Veratti looking forward at Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar stood still…

shocked gif laughing GIF

7 Likes

And when PSG play poorly I’m sure it won’t be Gini who gets criticised - it’ll be Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo?

:confused::flushed:

4 Likes

The Real Madrid bud is intriguing……I think they don’t mind losing €160m on Mbappe, they know he’ll drive the marketing side and make the cash back.

We will not be spending that much on him. We are more sensible, I would prefer (IF we are going for Mbappe) that we sign now, instead of inviting Tom, Dick & Harry in January. Window isn’t done, another week but if we are the other club, I see us having to offload one of Mane or Salah for this to go through.

Sell one of the best young talents in the world and end up with Neymar (29), Messi (34), Ronaldo (36).

And we’re worried about succession planning for our front three…

9 Likes

Would be interesting if true.

Another flexible option. Mainly plays off the left but has played as an attacking midfielder and therefore could be a two for one type with what we need. Would possibly mean more time for Jota at CF and less out wide but it really doesn’t look like a CF is on our shopping list at the moment.

Younger age profile than our usual targets but looked really exciting prospect at the Euros.

3 Likes

I wonder would Ronaldo and Messi assist each other in goals :thinking: or be like Sadio and Mo and never do so. :grinning::smiley::grinning::smiley:

1 Like

Allegedly from a member of the Qatari royal family.

1 Like

No it would be brilliant. Imagine them both wanting to be the centre of attention, expecting the team to revolve around them and having a hissy fit when the other one does something good.

1 Like

PSG turning down €160m for a player with 10 months left on his contract is a pretty disgusting display of wealth.

12 Likes

Putting my red tinted glasses to one side, if I were in Mbappe’s position I’d be thinking I’m a brilliant footballer, but if I want to become the best in world I need to spend a few seasons working under a manager who can lay claim to be the best in the world at developing players.

I think that man works at Liverpool FC.

3 Likes

I really don’t understand how Real can finance a bid of €151.8 million for Mbappe.

Technically Real were already balance sheet insolvent at the end of the 2019/20 season. Their total liabilities exceeded their total assets by €355m, of which €203m was short term debt i.e. due within one year.

Since then their financial situation is more likely to have worsened rather than improve.

Consequently, any cash element of their bid for Mbappe will have to be funded entirely by borrowing, probably taking their net debt to well over half a billion Euros.

They are going to have to sell one hell of lot of extra merchandise to cover that debt, even before finding Mbappe’s wages.

We won’t be spending anything on him; we won’t be signing him.

4 Likes

Maybe Madrid is the stepping stone he needs before the final destination.

3 Likes

Hahaha, excellent.

The golfer has started the season ok, by the way. The threat doesn’t carry quite the same weight as it would have last summer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

PSG are crazy to turn down 150m for Mbappe given the contract situation. They seem to think they can stop him leaving in 10 months time. Maybe the oil sheikh hubris will finally undo them. Would be lovely to see other clubs leave PSG and Citeh out of any future Superleague.

1 Like