The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

2 Likes

It never started.

What we should concern ourselves with is who PSG look to replace him with if he does indeed go.

1 Like

Ronaldo, surely.

3 Likes

Rumours of Ronaldo to Psg if this mbappe deal happens

1 Like

Letā€™s hope so but theyā€™d be mad not to at least see if Mane could be tempted and that would worry me immensely.

1 Like

Not me. Edwards would demand Ā£200m at least having first lined up Bellingham, Sarr and Martinez. Iā€™d definitely go for that.

2 Likes

Less than two years to go on his contract and seemingly at the back of a long queue of players getting renewed ahead of him.

Probably wrong but money isnā€™t really an issue to them, especially if theyā€™re getting upwards of ā‚¬160m for Mbappe.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read that Man Cheatey are lining up a move for Ronaldo and PSG would consider replacing Mbappe with the Brazilian wrecking machine and hothead Richarlison.

1 Like

All feels a bit like deckchairs on the Titanic. Dunno about Ronaldo but he been looking his age when Iā€™ve seen him.

Only one that kind of makes me feel a bit sad is the Saul rumour.

3 Likes

This. Itā€™s one player I was legitimately hoping for and believe couldā€™ve made a contribution to our club. It will be annoying to see him at Chelsea or United.

Regarding Mbappe, I never fully bought in to the idea/reality he would be a Liverpool player but in recent weeks I allowed myself to get emotionally drawn in. Itā€™s a bit of a downer knowing heā€™s likely off to Madrid.

But Iā€™m in no way upset with the club, itā€™s my own doing, I am guilty of allowing myself to be swept into the hype.

EDIT: my only hope is the club do not dally on Moā€™s improved contract. I am firmly in the camp they should give him whatever he wants.

3 Likes

Mikkel Dammsgard ā€¦ last 6 days of the silly season I suppose

Reports this morning that the Real Madrid but has failed, I was staggered that they would even offer that much for a player on the last year of his contract when they can just wait and sign a pre-contract in January. Crazy stuff.

2 Likes

The cynic in me thinks Perez is trying to show the world of football FFP is dead, and also giving two fingers to PSG for their backstab.

1 Like

MbappĆ© was ever only a pipedream ā€¦ Haaland on the other hand. :wink:

1 Like

PSG would be fucking stupid to turn down 160m euro on a player who has 1 year left on his contract and has said publicly he isnā€™t signing a new one.

160m Euros be interesting to see where PSG spend that.

Imagine Ronaldo and Messi in the same team. Be brilliant to see

1 Like

I remember PSG directors or owners threatening to buy Messi if Barcelona continued their pursuit of Marco Verratti. If they are really this vengeful, I expect that they will squeeze every penny out of Real Madrid and return the favour some day.

2 Likes

If I was Mbappe though I would seriously want to play a season with Messi so there is that to it.

1 Like

I think that is partly why Real Madrid have kept their distance until now, and may also partly explain why they havenā€™t waited to pick him up on a free?

It was Neymar no? And this is what broke the transfer value market!

That depends on how Financial Fair Play is handled. The owners have plenty of cash to spend and are showing they are willing to if given the chance so if FFP or its successor is not enforced, letting him go for nothing isnā€™t a problem for them.