The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I can see Newcastle coming in for Ox. Arsenal will try to be cheap, with a loan offer, for peanuts, and Newcastle will put cash on the table and do the deal quickly. It may or may not be the best deal for Newcastle, depending on Ox staying fit enough, but they will want to make some moves and that would be an easy one.

2 Likes

Smith-Rowe is a cracking wee player. Gonna be worth a lot of money in a few years time

1 Like

Newcastle are shopping at a different level than Ox. Talk of Arsenal and Smith-Rowe is fantasy stuff as well…

1 Like

You may be right. We will all be watching to see the sort of player they can attract at this stage. My guess is the likes of Ox would fit within the group they would get now… by no means the best of what they could get now, but definitely an improvement for them to help them rise up the table.

It will be interesting to see what they will do… and I hate saying that, as I don’t approve of the takeover, but I’m as guilty as anyone of being interested in seeing what they do next.

PS - I agree with the Arsenal comment. Before Saka signed his new deal there was a hint of opportunity, but now they seem to have a decent group of young players and a young manager too, who they have persisted with, and arguably they will all grow together.

2 Likes

I disagree. This is going to be the level of player for the next couple of years, and maybe even until they get some type of European football.

1 Like

I think Newcastle will be aiming a bit higher than chamberlain.

imagine the furor of the Saudi’s if NOBODY played ball with them for transfers and they were relegated. it would be glorious.

7 Likes

Now we need to roll the dice. Dembele. Crap or genius. But to compete with county owned clubs we might have to risk.

1 Like

They might not get top level players by the bulk immediately, but there will be that one or two who is just looking for a big payout. Cue when Man City signed Robinho in the start from Real. But agree that for the rest of the squad, they might have to make do with the level 2 or 3 to make up the squad. Ox is not great but if he keeps fit, definitely would be a good squad profile for Newcastle.

2 Likes

A fit Ox is probably somewhere on their level even they’ve admitted this is a 5-10 year thing, they are starting at a lower base than City as well who had splurge the cash under the previous bloke only for him to become an issue.

Question is what situation will they be in come January and what kinds of funds will they inflate the market.

3 Likes

Arsenal are not going to sell their best player to us and bring back someone whose nowhere near that level.

2 Likes

Are you saying that they would need us to offer an extra 1 pound?

6 Likes

Poor Ox, that horrific injury took its toll and he just hasn’t been the player we were hoping.

Ox to Newcastle is no big deal to me. I’m more worried they go much higher……like Meeting Salahs wages.

1 Like

Probably is by the time Newcastle reached Salah’s level he is probably going be 33/34.

You don’t go from relegation fodder to PL in a year or two, Man City didn’t.

Takes time especially as they will attempt to look like they are playing within the rules until they can attract some dubious sponsorship deals.

4 Likes

Mo Salah wouldn’t look twice at Newcastle. He would have no chance of winning the trophies or accolades he wants to win for the next 3-4 years. For where he is and his age and status, he isn’t going to go to a club on day one of their project.

9 Likes

With Salah it’s probably one of two clubs and it seems Mbappe is off to one of them from the other.

So it is interesting if he did leave, I expect he will sign a contract mind.

1 Like

I reckon it’s like this…

Mbappe → Real
Haaland → PSG
Kane → City
Salah → Signs new contract

8 Likes

No top player will be going Newcastle for a good while yet as they dont want a project where it may or may not work.

2 Likes

Yup, I think the names actually being linked now are more reasonable than the pie in the sky names.

AS has said 5-10 and I think that sounds reasonable for me and that’s if they get it right. Get it wrong and it’s a set back. As much as some wouldn’t have it said on here Manchester is also a bit more desirable and international than Newcastle.

Anyhow this is about us and I doubt Salah will go and he won’t be going there unless at 34 he is looking for that one last pay day.

That will change over time I sadly have no doubt but for players like Mo at 29 the takeover at Newcastle will mean little.

2 Likes

The only relevance will be as a further potential bargaining chip in contract negotiations.

2 Likes