The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Even on a free he wouldn’t be worth it. Distinctly average player who’s barely ever fit. No thanks.

2 Likes

The sort of player I could see us taking a chance on tho, similar to how we have with Shaqiri and Ox in the past. Although maybe we’ve learnt our lesson.

Ousmane Dembele could be inspired business, but then again, even on a free, it might be disastrous. I think the pace and talent are there. But sometimes he doesn’t look like he has a footballer’s brain. Then there are character issues, and obviously as others have said, a poor fitness record.

I would swerve it personally, but if he came, it would be after us doing a lot of homework and risk assessment, and if at that point we still thought it was worth it, I would be intrigued to see what he could do in a red shirt.

1 Like

He seems to be a cross between Mario Balotelli and Danny Sturridge. Would take a superhuman manager to unlock that enigma wrapped in a conundrum. Fortunately …………

4 Likes

But Klopp has never signed that kind of player here has he? Good character seems to be a prerequisite and vital part of recruitment process

3 Likes

He did sign Salah who is rumored to be selfish

1 Like

I know that it is tongue in cheek, but he has been less selfish this year and looks better for it as he is therefore more unpredictable long may it continue

1 Like

I disagree with this sentiment. With Mané and Salah it has always been about picking the right decision. I’d even go so far as to say that last season we suffered in goalscoring precisely because they would pass to each other too much, rather than go for it in situations when the passer was actually better positioned, or the converse situation where one of them would take a shot from desperation when they should have passed.

They’ve never been averse to assisting each other, but I feel as though they’ve learned each other’s styles a lot better, and we’ve made tactical changes that provide them with more options to take. Mané for some reason has copped a lot of criticism this season, but I would say that he’s been having a great season so far. No doubt he still has areas of his game he needs to work on, but he’s thus far in a good position.

2 Likes

I’ll be having a party the day we stop being (unreliably, luckily) linked with Adama Traore.

6 Likes

Dembele is the turd that won’t flush.

Knobhead, overrated, always injured, massive wages. Most notable moment of his career is blowing that chance against us at the Nou camp.

What a catch.

9 Likes

hey some might say that is being persistent and never give up.

1 Like

And having his racism force Barca into a groveling apology to their Chinese overlords.

1 Like

I stand by my point, but do agree Mo’s decision making is better, with regards to Sadio he is seeing the pass but on the whole his execution has been poor

1 Like

Being selfish isnt really a character flaw for a striker - except in very extreme and very rare cases.

But I do agree that one of the secrets to Klopp’s removed ability to motivate and get the best out of a player and a team is that he won’t keep a player who doesn’t work hard on or near his team. Hence Balotelli quickly being isolated and moved on….

Send Ox back to Arsenal. Ask for Smith-Rowe in return :+1:

3 Likes

Ox back to Arsenal doesn’t make any sense to me from Arsenal’s perspective. If they want him on loan, no thanks. If they want to buy him, we can talk of course. Gladly.

1 Like

I think Arsenal is gonna lowball us by offering less than 10mil for him which while might reflect his form and consistency but make no sense for us… Somewhere 15mil maybe…

2 Likes

I’d counter them if they only want to pay 10M then it must include Smith-Rowe AND Saka - seems a totally fair deal to me

1 Like

I’m not greedy to be fair eithier of them would be fine in a straight swap.

2 Likes