The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I cannot imagine how much the ire the match thread would be filled with if we played Doku. not because he isnt a good player, but because those threads are not know for their patience with players who try stuff that doesnt result in a goal 100% of the time

4 Likes

The question is - will he ever be a baller?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Deco was apparently involved in the Fabinho deal.

1 Like

Does he wish he was a little bit taller? :thinking:

1 Like

Fabinho has been bigging up Raphina recently as well. Iā€™d love it to happen, heā€™s a quality player.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure. He doesnā€™t score a lot, but they used to say that about Mane.

Iā€™m also not sure about another player the Brazilian FA can dick us about with.

2 Likes

For me, heā€™s one of those players whose careers could go either to the very top or total bust, nothing in between, depending on their next move. I love watching him play for Leeds, heā€™s unafraid to make things happen, even though he doesnā€™t strike me as someone who could single-handedly drag his side out of mud like Salah does or Mane does/used to do. That said, I think it might change under the right coach, which Klopp pretty much is for players of Raphinhaā€™s mentality.

How feasible/sensible this transfer might be, Iā€™m not sure. Shaqiri is gone and Elliott is earmarked to play as a central midfielder but Origi and Minamino are still here. At least one of them should move to make space for another winger/forward, even if they mostly play centrally or off the left, unlike Raphinha.

3 Likes

I think with Mane it was more his discipline as a whole and consistency. Scored 10 and 15 goals for Southampton in his first two seasons, thatā€™s good.

As for Raphinha, weā€™ll see. I think we might look at a new false #9 or a new striker sooner (Bobbyā€™s situation) than someone who plays off the right.

Long term, I see Jotaā€™s best position being the one in that inside left channel (weā€™ll see if he ever proves he can actually be a starter for a side competing for major honours, if we are still that).

They probably have certain trust in Kaide Gordon for that spot as well, but itā€™s early and I donā€™t think it would necessarily block bringing someone like Raphinha (who stylistically reminds me a little bit of Mahrez, though perhaps not yet with the same end product, it took Riyad also a little while to get that going at Leicester, even if it was soon clear that he was their only proper creative individual).

Salah is obviously getting a new contract it seems. Itā€™s possible for us to give new contracts to Hendo and Salah, but then sign what would be their long term replacements in the next two windows (Bellingham would be brilliant, but you canā€™t really count on a signing of that profile, there would be massive competition).

What Deco says here is also nothing special. We knew already that we like the player. So, nothing new. Who knows if heā€™s even our target anymore. Probably still on our close monitoring list.

2 Likes

I read an article by Sam something about him playing the role Elliot was/is, i.e. that advanced midfielder on the right/left which is behind a Mane/Salah goal scoring type.

If you are a hipster which Iā€™m not itā€™s called a mezzala haha.

1 Like

Having studied the 70s Dutch side, I think he work well as a Trequartista, or a Volante. Now excuse me. Iā€™m late to meet Jeremy for a Ā£7 bowl of cereals in Hoxton.

1 Like

Or sign a team of Brazilians and they can play their home games at Anfield :slight_smile:

If you start with a Messala and flip the midfield triangle you get a Trequartista. Itā€™s just Geometry.

2 Likes

Fify

2 Likes

Couldnt find the gif I was looking for, but stumbled upon this and was too good not to share even if completely irrelevent.

3 Likes

Dont Bother Me Like A Boss GIF by FC Bayern Munich

5 Likes

Fucking Sterling has started the interviews. Such a rat. Not a chance Id have him back here.

2 Likes

Fucking love the Raphinha links. Said it here months ago. His technique is top drawer, and hard working to boot. Get Mane vibes. On the verge of greatness!

4 Likes

Just get him out of spite, we have earned it. The bonus is that he is good enough.

1 Like

:thinking: Hmmmmmm, no thanks.

2 Likes