The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Is hazard still playing :crazy_face:

1 Like

Heā€™s apparently scored 5 goals in three years.

With that sort of return and a year older, heā€™s a perfect Salah replacement!

1 Like

I think he meant to say, Vinicius Junior and ā‚¬150M.

Still wouldnā€™t take it.

2 Likes

Salah is worth 300mil, so I would accept Hazard and 450mil cash cos Hazard is definitely negative worth now

5 Likes

I could see MBS making an absurd bid for Salah, but I donā€™t think heā€™ll want to head north.

The perspective of the club on theit wage structure is understandable, because theyā€™re also trying to tie down Mane and breaking the wage structure for one would likely force them to break the wage structure for the other. Fortunately, they have many other key players under contract for a while, so itā€™s not like youā€™ll see an immediate cascading effect on their wage bill.

But the real question for me is how expensive it could be to try to replace either of them on the current transfer market. It would almost certainly be cheaper to pay them a few million more per year versus paying the hundreds of millions it would cost to find replacements that are remotely comparable.

2 Likes

Remember when Michael Owen was going to Madrid? All the pseudo demands fans were making and we ended up with fuck all?

Salah should get what he wants, now.

3 Likes

RM: Mr Edwards, how much for Salah?

Edwards: Ā£250M

RM: Ok, what about if we include Hazard?

Edwards: Ā£500M plus Hazard

2 Likes

Liverpool will offer a hearty ā€œfuck offā€

2 Likes

Edwards: Ā£500M plus keep Hazard

4 Likes

So lazy and stupid. What the hell would we do with Hazard, especially the state heā€™s in the last few years.

3 Likes

Maybe, maybe, they are talking about the other Hazard and not a real hazard???

1 Like

Either way itā€™s hazardous

Hard to accept we no longer take their outcasts to sell our best. Itā€™s not pre 2014 anymore.

4 Likes

Well if Mbappe wants to play with Mo that badly, there is sensible way that doesnā€™t rely on the discovery of unicorns.

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

I can believe that Real Madrid are interested in Salah. Best in the world. They should be.
I can also believe that they are interested in offloading an underperforming, expensive player in Eden Hazard.

I canā€™t believe, at all, that we are interested in going near that deal. Nothing to see here.

What might start to get hairy is if Mo goes too much longer without signing a new deal with us. If he doesnā€™t sign something by next summer, I think we will sell. But we are a long way from that. I suspect the main sticking point for Mo, in signing a new deal, will be the terms of exit, should he want to try another European giant with some of his peak years left on the clock.

The money will obviously be an important part of the negotiation, but Iā€™d like to think we would find a way forward with him there, as heā€™s such a special player.

And on that point, if Mane is looking for parity it might mean that Mo signs a deal and Mane is sold. Sadio is an excellent player, world class, and I hope he signs too, but Mo has pulled ahead as the top star, and he did it in our shirt, and if he is rewarded with the top contract it seems fitting.

All speculative, but in the next year I can see Mo signing, Mane being sold, and Doku coming in, along with another striker who will be better than Origi, leaving the group as: Mo, Jota, Bobby, Doku, new man upgrade on Origiā€¦ hopefully a big upgrade who will see plenty of action. And then Gordon starting to make a case for himself to be in the first team squad more regularly.

2 Likes

There only making one signing of that price and it will be Mbappe complete none story but like the Trent one a few weeks back it will get #fsgout trending again for no reason.

Think people forget they arenā€™t that financially in a good place themselves. Not in the hole of Barca but not great eithier.

And can we stop with that talk of Newcastle itā€™s a couple of years off that they will be bidding like that, most of the rumours are the likes of good players at lower PL clubs.

3 Likes

I think HAZARD in a long lost European tribal language is an anagram for Mbappe.

1 Like

Who would Mo actually go to? Of course heā€™ll want to get the biggest contract of his career. And so he shouldā€¦heā€™s the best player in the world. But his main motivation is clearly team and individual honours. So where does he get a better chance than here?

RM/Barca- not on our level.

PSG- possibly but will he be the main man and hence ballon dā€™or contender?

Bayern- canā€™t afford him

City/Newcastle- can afford him but no chance.

As long as Klopp is at Liverpool he has a chance of PL/CL/Golden boot/Balon dā€™or

His main priority ā€œmightā€ be to earn as much money as possible to help his home country.

Might.

4 Likes

Mbappe signs for Egypt?

3 Likes