The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’m sure he would have been on more than £90k had he stayed.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’re right. maybe Gini wanted the change. He likes to have his face in the spotlight and likely enjoying all of the attention he gets hob-nobbing with les Parisiens.

at any rate, he busted his ass for us for 3+ years as our mainstay midfielders and I bet his legs aren’t as tired these days.

no hard feelings, it is what it is.

3 Likes

I think with interest from a number of top clubs he probably thought he could push for a deal on better terms than was being offered at the time (not necessarily cash terms), especially as Klopp was open to him staying.

I think the signing of Thiago, impact from Covid and lack of sales probably resulted in the board’s decision not to improve their offer to him. That possibly closed his Liverpool offer down sooner than he expected.

2 Likes

Sell Mo next summer, bring in Jude and Erling.

Anyone besides Dortmund and our rivals mad?

Bellingham & Wirtz.

Advanced #8’s sorted for the next era.

:sunglasses: :joy:

That’s not what the supporters of PSG are saying!

1 Like

Wijnaldum just spent 5 years playing a 4-3-3 and has now moved to a double-pivot with Verratti. not an easy change.

PSG supporters wouldn’t know a good midfielder if it smacked them in the face.

2 Likes

PSG have supporters?

3 Likes

Happy Football GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

4 Likes

My missus thought that PSG stood for ‘Paris Soccer Group’
Logical I suppose

2 Likes

That’s a big over simplification and not reflective of what’s happened. I mean Verratti himself has only played 3 or 4 games so far this season. PSG have a lot of midfielders and Poch has used them all in seemingly every combination already this season. Their team is typically very different from one game to the next and I think the bigger issues they’ve faced is they simply havent figured out the balance yet, which hasnt been helped by not being able to play their front 3 together very often yet, meaning the thing they’re trying to balance hasnt needed balancing and other things were required from the midfield in those games.

3 Likes

Still plays in generally a 4-3-3 and was used so far as the LCM, same as here. I mean, even if he’s asked to double pivot with Verratti (was moved a little bit deeper, yeah) or whoever else there, he should be able to do it.

1 Like

Actually sounds like the sanitised nonsense kind of name that a PR firm would come up with for a sport-washing venture. So definitely makes sense.

4 Likes

Near…least she got the Paris bit right.

1 Like

fair enough.

A bit like the RB in RB Leipzig supposedly stands for RasenBallsport (‘lawn ball sports’).

2 Likes

Yes, that was intriguing. I seem to recall UEFA didn’t buy their first ‘separation’ and RB were forced to go further in artificially distinguishing Leipzig and Salzburg?

1 Like

FC Dallas and United States striker Ricardo Pepi has alerted top European clubs including Liverpool and Bayern Munich by handing in a transfer request - but the 18-year-old has already agreed personal terms with Wolfsburg .

First I’ve heard of this Pepi. Anyone think there’s any truth in this or has someone just thrown our name in to increase interest?

1 Like

Pepi is a stud. He’s been starting for the USMNT in the WC Qualifiers, at least most of the games. A move to Europe from FC Dallas makes sense for him. 13 goals in 27 games for his club this season and 3 in 4 for the national side.

Liverpool would be a big step up but I’d be delighted to have him sign for us then go on a loan or two in order to make the step up from MLS.

2 Likes