The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

That’s classic that, he has agreed personal terms with Wolfsburg and handed the transfer request in to evidently force the move so now he is a target for us and Bayern :rofl:

3 Likes

Soccer Goal GIF

5 Likes

seems a lot of bs…

but 18, excelling in the MLS, scored some good goals to really save the UMNT with Pulisic and Reyna out injured, so here in the states he is being anointed the next big thing. US does have a lot of really young talented players for the first time in our history, so while we are too young and inconsistent to likely to much this cycle, there is a lot of optimism for the future.

Suspect the Liverpool mention is just click bait at this stage, but would fit the profile of a rising (potentially very marketable) young talent we might want to invest in to see what his ceiling is. Looks to me very much a traditional #9 style wise, so I’m not entirely sure how that fits with the way we play, but would always like to see a US player getting a look here.

…Freddy Adu

1 Like

yeah… and Josh Sargent had a hot minute as the player that would change US soccer… Pepi actually produced in a professional league before he was anointed the savior and he has actually produced in competitive qualifies so that at least puts him ahead of Adu… but my guess is the hype is well ahead of the reality (as it was for Pulisic - who is a really good player) on him right now.

Fingers crossed he comes good though

I’ll jump on what Hoosier says in that Pepi is a very promising player, a more traditional 9 with a knack for finding the net. In the USA’s long look for a striker, he has taken to the forefront. Actually now have a couple others, Dike, who pulled Barnsley into the playoff last season with a dynamic second half loan spell, and Pefok, who scored the winner for Young Boys against the Manc scum.

At only 18, Pepi is in no physical way ready for the PL, and the Championship might even be too physical for him. I think moving to the BL is a good move, and will help him develop more physical aspects of his game. He is a taller, thin lad now, needs to bulk up a bit, but finds space in front very well, and is already adept with both head and feet.

I think it wise for LFC to monitor him in Germanyof a season or two, then make the move, if they feel he is of the proper caliber for them. I personally like Dike, as he is a couple years older, and already has a full grown man body. He is still quite raw, but there’s bucket loads of pure physical talent there.

4 Likes

Happy Excuse Me GIF

Dike is pronounced Dee-kay. Not that that makes it much better. :rofl: :rofl:

I’m just writing down names. What you make of it is your business :joy:

1 Like

Patson Daka!
5 in 2 games, could have been

Scored against Spartak Moscow and Man Utd. Let’s wait until he scores against quality opposition like Watford or Accrington Stanley.

6 Likes

If Moscow had learnt how to play offside he wouldn’t have scored.

Isn’t he the Orphan from The Simpsons who Homer adopted?

the simpsons GIF

Sign him up!

1 Like

9 Likes

It can be held in another venue :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It would be brilliant if they cancelled it.

1 Like

Not for them it wouldn’t

1 Like

It would be brilliant if they cancelled all international football.

10 Likes

With africa largely remaining unvaccinated , it would be the right decision. Or the worst case being , play this years one in europe. I imagine there will still be some stadiums in france / england where (permitting some teams to switch around their venues etc) , you can still complete the tournament as quickly and safely as possible