The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s potentially 3 league matches possibly 4 but it does seem they were hopeful they could reduce that due to the Chelsea 1, If say they were to go out Q finals or earlier then I’d expect them to miss a maximum of two.

It’s the addition of 2 FA Cup games and potentially 2 League cup games that makes it more.

2 Likes

How good is Carvalho at Fulham? The last player we got from them isn’t too bad!

1 Like

im having a mental blank, whod we get from Fulham?

1 Like

theres probably more chance of us going back in for Joaquin than signing Hazard

Harvey Elliott.

2 Likes

It also depends on what quarantine rules will be in place then. Considering the government probably don’t know what rules will be in place at Christmas yet I’d say it’s too early to predict. And there’s every chance that whatever the rules are when they fly out they could have changed before they get to fly back.

1 Like

ah yes of course.

I’d say absolutely worst case is our players are among the 4 teams that make the semi finals meaning their final games will be Sunday 6th Feb for final and 3rd place play off. That means the earliest date coming home would be Monday 7th with a maximum 10 day quarantine. There could be a couple days delay coming home too, especially if any celebrations are going on.

Earliest likely game they’d miss would be Chelsea on the 1st Jan, although there has been talk of being made free for their country 2 weeks before which includes the Leicester game on the 28/12/21 I doubt that’s likely to be the case though but I’m just guessing.

So you’d think absolute maximum would be 1st Jan to around maybe 18th Feb including getting to final 4 plus a quarantine period.

That means our first and potentially second rounds in the FA Cup, potential semi finals in the (insert rubbish sponsor here) Cup and 5 Prem games with a 6th under threat (Chelsea, Brentford, Palace, Leicester and Burnley with maybe Norwich on the 19th under threat if considered too soon).

So much will depend on quarantine periods, how long they’ll need to be released for and how far they go in the competition.

Bare minimum Salah and Mane definitely miss the Brentford and Palace games. The Burnley and Norwich games are only missed IF BOTH they get to the final 4 PLUS there is some form of quarantine period.

This is of course only about availability, when Klopp decides its appropriate to use them is also anyone’s guess.

2 Likes

We haven’t got to plan B yet…

They won’t go back into lockdown not after this week. I also don’t think there will be any I think if the red list had remained with countries on it then perhaps.

I think the only way something will end up back on their is with a new strain that’s repellent to the vaccine.

Anyhow way off topic.

Can’t really see us doing any business in January for a stop gap unless it was someone they actually wanted as Klopp likes to generally bed players in.

Wouldn’t rule out us signing someone if the deal is there, probably depends how long Firmino is out.

1 Like

Bobby is out for 6 weeks.

But I have the feeling it is 6 weeks maximum from the Atletico game and he might be back for Villa December 11th.

That’s still 5 league games and the two meaningless CL group games he would miss.

I think we will have plans regarding changes to the attack from the summer on and if anything can be brought forward to January 1st it will… but don’t see it happening.

1 Like

Clint Dempsey ? Oh no we didn’t :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve been interested in his development for about five years now. Been one to keep an eye on for ages.

1 Like

Interesting link, though I’m not sure his pathway would be any clearer here than it is there given we are already investing a lot of time into Jones and Elliot. Would seem more sensible from his point of view to go to a Brighton level club or take the German route if that’s open to him.

Definitely wouldn’t say no to McAtee. He would have been on my list of ones to watch if it hadn’t been for Samuel Edozie having a really strong pre-season for Man City.

3 Likes

If his nickname isn’t “Fandab”, heads need to roll.

10 Likes

Serious hamstring I would say at 4 weeks he’s back in light training. At six weeks he’ll still be feeling something so then it’s up to him and the medical staff. I hope Jota, Mané and Salah can take us over this period. We have other options but these are our best.

1 Like

There is scope for us to go big on a signing but it has to be a Alisson, VvD, Fabinho, Keita style signing in my opinion. A player eyed to come in as a default starter and top talent for their position. We’ve got a 75% total success rate at that level and 25% partial success rate that was mostly let down by injuries. If we see the need for such a signing in CM I could see it as a possibility but I’m thinking 2023 might be more realistic for both us and Dortmund, possibly the player too. Give him a bit longer to develop.

1 Like

You mean Bellingham for 2023? For him I probably think so or even 2024 when he has one year left. And fuck he will only be 21 then. If he continues this way and if no dirty rich club comes in for him before that for 150mil, I think he would fancy coming to us.

1 Like