The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Not sure about signing Hazard, even on a temporary basis. Maybe as a ball-boy…

4 Likes

Would prefer to have Coutinho back over Hazard.

3 Likes

Didn’t have a world class manager to authorise the transfer just Roy Hodgson. If Klopp thinks he’ll work then I’d be ok with it

As would I buy there would be something poetic about Eden Hazard stopping a Chelsea title attempt

It wouldn’t be poetic, it would be a miracle. He has 4 goals and 6 assists in 2 and half seasons at Real Madrid. His stats from his time at Chelsea look very good, but I’m pretty sure he spent more than half the season not actually doing anything.

3 Likes

Short term loan wouldn’t bother me.

Wouldn’t pay for him.

2 Likes

No reason why we should make their Mbappe financing easier, especially for someone that will probably not be fit enough to play and/or produce. Is he a player that works hard for the team? We don’t have any passengers.

4 Likes

I’d prefer Bowen over Coutinho or Hazard… Both finished as players.

4 Likes

as a January stop gap, I don’t see him being an option.

Firmino’s serious hamstring injury is a concern, as we don’t known when he will return. Add to that, losing three players to AFCON, there’s no choice but to bring someone in on January 1st.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had someone already lined up. If not, and if the majority of our midfielders are back by then, we may be able to use Jones, Ox or Milner in more attacking roles to support Jota and Origi, or switch formation for a couple of games.

1 Like

Very rare we sign stop gaps.

Vlahovic is available in Jan I believe… Wonder if our interest was solid or just more agent talk. He’s different to our usual strikers but boy can he score.

The concern with Bobby has to be that he is getting older and is this the start of the decline in his body and he’s going to start picking up more injuries.

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is…

Haaland time?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought this a major issue as he doesn’t have a lot of pace anyway, so probably puts his body under less pressure than players that do…? It may depend on how serious this current injury is.

1 Like

I’d love it but I think Mo signing a new deal means we don’t have any room wages wise to bring him in. He wants a kings ransom!

1 Like

It’s the frequency of the injuries and the length out, hoping this is a one off. Klopp mentions he recovers quickly. He needs to be back by mid-December!

1 Like

Deja Vu Street GIF

The club will do what it has always done. It will not panic. It will stick to the plan.

It certainly will not be signing Eden fucking Hazard.

6 Likes

Kelleher in goal and that Becker chap up front. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Has Lautaro Martinez signed a new contract at Inter yet?

I suppose I could live with the club signing him and Bellingham in January.

Mikey, if you really are leaving, those two to sign off with would cement your legendary status.

Make it happen.

5 Likes

Transfermarket has him signed through 2026.

With that said, I’d take Vlahovic and Bellingham as the consolation then. :beers:

I don’t doubt this for one second. There is zero doubt in my mind the club will stick to their plan.

However, the situation could become strange in January with Sadio and Mo gone and Bobby still healing. I think/believe we will be fine but I do feel badly for Mo that he will miss league games with the form he’s in.

As an aside, I’m not entirely sure what to believe with the number of matches they will miss. Quite a bit of conflicting reports. I’ve read as little as 3 matches, as many as 8.