The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Amazing the amount of people that know stuff about transfers?
Reality is very few people actually know what is happening or who we are really interested in.

3 Likes

Not ruling out January thenā€¦

4 Likes

I have been given the all clear by my doctor.

Ok! but for what?

Haaland is expected to leave next summer, difficult to see Bellingham going the same window as Dortmundā€™s strategy appears to be to let only one of their bigger players leave in a season perhaps unless a club pays a significant amount more than the player would command in normally.

1 Like

As much as I like Bellingham and think heā€™d be a great long term option, heā€™s not going to have the impact people think he will immediately. This isnā€™t the Bundesliga.

Interesting to see Mwepu and Bissouma lining up against us. Bissouma is one of the best midfielders in the league and Jesse Marsch said Mwepu would be a good fit at Liverpool, he looks an impressive player too.

You can do much worse than looking at Brightonā€™s midfield, theyā€™re perhaps in the top 4 midfields in the league. Even last year they were superb in there but the rest of the side let them down. Potter really knows how to control a game.

5 Likes

Sadly also been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, Iā€™d think Klopp would swerve him for that reason. Iā€™d hope itā€™s not true but I even if there is a tiny amount of uncertaincy Iā€™d not want him anywhere near the club.

Otherwise yes heā€™s a proper beast on the pitch, he schooled our midfield.

5 Likes

Slightly surprised that Brighton are selecting him. City got a lot of backlash for continuing to play Mendy, Everton are not selecting [unnamed player], havenā€™t seen much critical commentary about Brighton playing Bissouma though.

2 Likes

Probably not the best choice of words. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Has Bissouma been charged with any offences or is he on bail pending further investigations?

On bail pending further investigations. Tricky line for the club to walk. Itā€™s almost like you hope the player is injured so you donā€™t have to make that call.

1 Like

It certainly is awkward for the club. As enquiries must be completed within 28 days, they shouldnā€™t have to wait much longer, for a decision as to whether he will be charged or not.

2 Likes

I see a distinction between something being investigated and a charge being made. Iā€™d draw the line in between the two. If you have been charged, you are suspended. If you havenā€™t, play on, but yes, given the nature of the subject matter it is awkward and delicate, to say the least.

3 Likes

He also had David Silva ahead of him and it was only when Silvaā€™s departure was confirmed that Foden was really given more game time to push his developement to get him to be ready to take a more prominent role once Silva left.

Gini leaving ment Klopp had 2 choices, go out and find a replacement or push the likes of Elliott and Jones to take Giniā€™s spot and allow them to grow and develope with the usual mistakes and dips that come with giving young players their big break in to the senior team

6 Likes

stand disagree GIF

1 Like

This narrative doesnā€™t hold up to much scrutiny. He didnā€™t take Silvaā€™s role the year after Silva departed and heā€™s not playing it now either.

Fodenā€™s game time has increased with age because he has improved.

2 Likes

Yeah, Fodenā€™s been really flexible so far. Basically played every offensive midfield and attacking position at City so far. Both sides of attack as well. Pep said heā€™s still not ready for CM. He might be in the future. Right now, heā€™s more of an attacking player than a proper midfielder.

:rofl:

3 Likes

Id take him on loan as cover over the afcon period.
Would enrage Chelsea fans if he played well for us

1 Like

Joe Cole

3 Likes