The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think it’s more than that, he may just like being at the club more than the other clubs who expressed an interest. I read somewhere recently that he is also doing a degree at i think a local University.

1 Like

I think Jürgen said it before. We just didn’t receive any offers we liked for Origi. Nothing about Origi himself wanting a move or not…

I think him and Matip got 5-year deals just after Madrid, so that would mean 2024.

However, who knows how it’s structured, on transfermarkt it also says “performance option”, so we’ll see what that means.

I think we are fine and well “secured” with Divock, hopefully he can attract a decent offer next summer if he plays like he has done lately.

1 Like

That’s probably true, but that might also be because Origi showed little interest in the clubs approaching him?

Or was it the other way around? You remember that quote from Klopp, about how he was surprised that more clubs didn’t show interest in him. I think that particular phrasing and timing suggests that he wants to sell him. He was full of praise for him and AOC in the last few weeks, I think he’s trying to drive up the interest in them.

3 Likes

Maybe, I don’t know how football transfers work, but that line was in the context of “people forget how good Origi is”.

2 Likes

Yes, he has given that impression several times, including recently when he said about hoping Origi having a manager who plays him more.

I obviously don’t have a clue what clubs have been interested, and what offers have been forthcoming, but given his laid back reputation it wouldn’t surprise me if teams had been put off before making an offer. This may of course be simply that the choice of interested parties has been not great or they genuinely may not view him as worthwhile signing or due to covid not have the funds. Perhaps in time we will find out.

Previous sales by the club have brought in decent money but the leaving players have somewhat struggled - so perhaps Edward’s succes is also at fault here too?

1 Like

Transfers will presumably work differently according to the situation and parties involved, but ultimately its a series of conversations between interested parties, each with their own priorities.

Klopps comments could be regarding number of clubs interested but not following through, those actually making offers, or in regards to size of offers received.

Either way I think it tells us little because Klopp isn’t going to boot out a likeable player like Origi for honouring his contract or make public comments to push him out.

1 Like

Yeah, Klopp was a bit more honest than usually, for me it was clear that he wanted to say we wanted to sell the player last summer, but there was not enough interest or the offers weren’t what the club wanted. Up to Origi now to maximize his time on the pitch again after two more or less weak seasons and help all parties.

2 Likes

It’s fairly obvious from Klopps comments Origi and Phillips are not in his long term plans but Origi will not be leaving in January.

2 Likes

I think you missed the part about pinch of salt. :disguised_face::man_facepalming:
————

Now onto the actual discussion for the rest of the forum….To Zoran’s point, now that I’m thinking about it I saw similar printed in the Echo back September. Players expiring in 2024 included Div, Robbo, Joël, I also believe Taki and Thiago.

Well this is almost certainly bollocks but wouldn’t exactly turn it down!

3 Likes

He is way too ugly to play for Liverpool :sunglasses:

Btw, Raiola is his agent and Klopp does not do business with that vulture.

6 Likes

:rofl:

Btw, Raiola is his agent and Klopp does not do business with that vulture.

This is the key bit, as long as he is still got that blood sucking parasite, we’ll do well to stay clear of Haarland, unless he secretly stick Bellingham in his pocket before leaving Dortmund

2 Likes

I know it is most likely bollocks but this is an interesting line.

#LFC are planning to bring a new striker in the summer, and Haaland’s signature could help convince Mohamed Salah to extend as ‘he’s demanding further reinforcements’ apart from a better deal.

Zero chance he ends up here if his wages demands are even half what he/Mino are reportedly asking for.

5 Likes

Too thin of a rumour for now.

I think at that price we should seriously think about it, BUT…

I have genuine questions how would Haaland and Salah work together. Because I don’t see Mo’s role changing (and why would it?) at least while Klopp is still here.

So, who changes their game slightly, Haaland or Mo? Do they want it and can they in the first place? Can we play our game without any of them changing anything?

I think so but it’s all hypothetical till it happens.

Yeah, I have my questions (not categorically saying we couldn’t), would have to wait and see it on the pitch.

For me, it’s easy. Both of them should change their game. We constantly change how our forwards play and this would be no exception. Being as young as he is, I’m sure Haaland wouldn’t mind changing his game if it meant he could learn and excel in something more. I’m given this impression especially from his interviews, where he doesn’t come across as a complete idiot. Salah isn’t too shabby at creating goals either so I’m sure he will adapt just fine, and Haaland will also realise that he will have plenty of opportunities to take advantage of these.

2 Likes