The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I dont see us signing Haaland. But if you want any additional hope to grasp onto, how about this - Haaland invited the Chess World Champion Magnus Carlsen to a Dortmund game recently. Trent is a keen chess player, and was invited by Kaspersky the IT security company to play Magnus in 2018.

1 Like

We do, but who scores most of our goals? Salah usually at a 2 to 1 ratio to Bobby/Jota/Mane.

1 Like

Quite a lot of talk about Joe Gomez at the moment. Maybe he has asked his agent to put a few things out there? I know there were rumours earlier in the season about him wanting more playing time before the World Cup.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it because his finishing is a lot more consistent? It would perhaps be more instructive to obtain the statistics on shots, although I wouldnā€™t know where to find thoseā€¦

Iā€™d be very surprised if we signed Haaland without selling ManĆ© or Salah or Firmino, unless Bobby would be okay being the Origi of the squad and we sell Origi.

But then Iā€™d be very surprised if we signed Haaland full stop.

1 Like

Salah 1 in 1.5.
Jota 1 in 2.1.
Mane 1 in 2.2.
Bobby 1 in 3.2.

Funny to see Jota with only 2 assists so far for us.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised he has 2. For all the (unfair) stick that Mo and Mane get for not passing, Jota is our most selfish forward by far!

3 Likes

Totally believable scenario with now being 4th/5th choice and ambitions of playing for England. But equally that makes it obvious fodder for media to make things up.

1 Like

We need to start a new thread, the ā€œWho Are We Not Signing Threadā€. Haaland Should be the first post, along with any player that has Raiola as his agent. In fact, if one of our players decides he will be moving agents to Raiola, you can bet that player will be sold ASAP (any player). End of thread.

3 Likes

Jude Bellingham:

ā€œIā€™ve been watching a lot of Zidane recently. Heā€™s up there with Gerrard, they are my two favourite midfielders.ā€

5 Likes

Lovely jubbly. Come on Jude, sign right hereā€¦

3 Likes

Could be heā€™s looking for a move to Villa?!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s sold it to meā€¦.heā€™s coming

Unless ZZ is going to PSG at the end of the seasonā€¦!

JoGo is just back from injury. I canā€™t see why heā€™d be unsettled at this stage.
Agent/paper talk for me.
I can imagine him weighing up his options in the summer though.

3 Likes

If Salah is at the top of his craft and rates 9.9/10, in comparison to him, Jota is really like a 6. Of course Jota is already a damn good player and more than capable to take the place of our forward line. But he still has plenty to learn. One thing I observed is that while he scores goals and important ones too, in matches at times, he can disappear. Unlike Mane and Salah and Firmino, the best thing about them is even when they donā€™t score, they impose themselves in the match, by making great runs, getting into spaces and making themselves relevant. I think Jota got to do that more. Fortunately I think Jota has shown that he seems to be mentally very apt in making that step up to being world class. Give him another couple of years and I that he will be transitioning from a damn good player to one of the very best in the world.

We should sell especially after heā€™s most recent performances. Nat is a far better defender, rather keep him (Nat) instead.

Nat better than Gomez? Wtf are you guys smoking, Nat is good at heading a ball but Gomez has pace and style and when fully fit the best English central defender in the country.

16 Likes

Best rumours are those that suggest we will buy someone for a period of a month to cover AFCON considering the way Klopp manages players it usually takes a couple for them to start making starts.

6 Likes

Gomez is excellent and much better than Nat. Nat surprised us all with his quality, and he did really well for us, and if he goes in Jan, he will leave with everyoneā€™s best wishes.

Gomez is Englandā€™s best central defender. At Liverpool it is difficult to say where he stands at the moment, probably fourth choice, but could easily get back to second choice again, with form and fitness tip-top. And in terms of age, Gomez and Konate very much look like a duo to take over from Van Dijk and Matip, while also seeing plenty of action along the way.

If Gomez decides he wants to move on to play more regularly, as he would be a main man right now at a good side, then reluctantly I could understand the decision to let him go. I would be confident we could reinvest the money and find a very good central defender to fit right in and also future proof the side.

Iā€™m chilled about the cb situation. We have a great group.

2 Likes