The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I was under the impression that Neco was on the market for about £10m last summer?

Always a risk, but the odds of him being that good without us realising is pretty remote.

4 Likes

Yeah but taking into account that his 2020/21 wasn’t as good as his previous season and that COVID had put paid to higher transfer fees that the club usually demanded, I think that a higher fee would be in order next summer (provided he puts in a few more good performances in cups and for Wales). I think he also counts as a homegrown player, so there’s that as well, aside from his youth and versatility.

2 Likes

Nope. This is desperate stuff now, come on.

There were no centre backs on the bench against City or Villa which is why a midfielder had to be subbed on in his place. Klopp chose to play a midfielder at the back instead of Gomez.

1 Like

Desperate stuff? It was literally my only participation in that whole strand of conversation.

Pathetic from you.

Based on this, I think we will sign neither Raphina or Bowen.

6 Likes

I would take either of them, preferably Rapha

Oh, I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t. Either would improve the squad, I just think I’ve heard the names too many times to believe the link at this point.

5 Likes

Haha, the Greek lad who broke the Tsimikas news (if I remember correctly) says that Liverpool will have scouts watching Olympiakos’ Agibou Camara. We mentioned him a few weeks back in Who Would You Buy thread, you couldn’t make this up!

3 Likes

We do love scouting a new Guinean central midfielder.

:slight_smile:

If there is one thing we’ve learned over the last few years it’s that the Guinean FA are sound and a lovely set of lads to deal with.

3 Likes

Did you mean Mady Camara (who is also a Guinean midfielder, I think he was linked with United a few months ago) or Aguibou Camara (who is 4 years younger than Mady?)?

1 Like

I meant Aguibou - I accidentally caught an Olympiakos game in Europa League (I think) and he stood out like no other player (he played as a central midfielder on the left, wonderful technique, looked dynamic enough, ball seemed to be always in his possession or near him). So, I’m going off one game but, hey, I also saw Stengs at Alkmaar or Minamino at Anfield once and I decided the former would be the next Wijnaldum and that the latter would be a smashing hit at Liverpool if he ever joined and, erm… So, you were saying Aguibou. :joy:

This seems like a transfer that Pochettino’s Southampton would have made or something that Leicester would do perhaps but I wouldn’t put it past this Liverpool setup to try another Minamino-like punt. Klopp did say the other day that he wouldn’t be against a player joining in January but only if he was that he wanted to buy the summer before or the summer after.

2 Likes

At least it will be easy making up a song for Aguibou…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1dX29PPCQ

1 Like

Titi?

1 Like

Candid.

1 Like

Caughton…

1 Like

Stop milking this and stick to rumours.

2 Likes

More Camara links via BBC rumour mill

Liverpool and Newcastle are interested in Olympiakos’ 20-year-old Guinean forward Aguibou Camara. (Foot Mercato - in French)

Thankfully we had you to nip this in the bud.

2 Likes